6 great walks near Derby
- Credit: Archant
These walks are the perfect getaway for those in and around the city.
0 miles from Derby
Ideally this walk should begin with a look around Derby Museum before heading off to trace the history of our wonderful capital city, passing many churches, mills and monuments whilst enjoying the freedom of riverside paths through Darley Abbey Park.
5 miles from Derby
Situated in the south of the county a few miles north-west of Derby, Kedleston Hall is a classic parkland of lakes, grasslands and small woods which means that there is a walk for all preferences here.
- 1 Win a 12 bottle case of mixed wines and champagne from Wharf Side Wines
- 2 Win a short break at Landal Darwin Forest
- 3 Win a stunning brass table lamp from Opulental
- 4 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 5 A positive outlook for the housing market for 2021
- 6 Steph McGovern on her new lunchtime show, Steph’s Packed Lunch
- 7 6 great woodland walks in the Peak District
- 8 18 of the best lockdown takeaways across Yorkshire
- 9 The ultimate 5-day walk: Along the Derwent Valley Way
- 10 4 interesting places to visit in the Peak District
6 miles from Derby
Elvaston Castle Country Park offers a maze of paths to explore, add on a section of the Derwent Valley Heritage Way through riverside meadows for an interesting and easy wander.
8 miles from Derby
Nature and human history combine on thei circular walk from Belper. Wander through riverside meadows, amble along quiet lanes and ascend an old path and you will be rewarded with aerial views across the Derwent Valley.
8 miles from Derby
Beginning at the heart of Melbourne, this gently undulating walk passes through fertile South Derbyshire farmland intersected by ancient hedgerows. After walking through the village of Wilson for a quick dip into Leicestershire, before returning home via a stretch of the Cloud Trail.
12 miles from Derby
With over 600 acres of parkland to explore, there are plenty of walks to enjoy throughout the seasons. They have a Tramway Trail, a wildlife walk, an ancient trees walk and a reservoir-side walk.