5 of the best August walks in the Peak District
- Credit: Archant
We looked through our archives to see what we recommended to you in previous years during August. NOTE: Safeguarding against the coronavirus is likley to be a part of everyday life for the forseeable future. We advise that two metres social distancing and checking the latest guidelines are the best course of action.
August 2019 issue
This walk actually sets off from Sheffield’s leafy suburbs before dipping into the village of Dore and on to a corner of the Peak District for a hike over high, heather-clad moors.
August 2018 issue
Another walk originating in South Yorkshire, this time from the village of Low Bradfield that lies within the edge of the Peak District.
- 1 Win a 12 bottle case of mixed wines and champagne from Wharf Side Wines
- 2 Win a short break at Landal Darwin Forest
- 3 A positive outlook for the housing market for 2021
- 4 Steph McGovern on her new lunchtime show, Steph’s Packed Lunch
- 5 Win a stunning brass table lamp from Opulental
- 6 4 interesting places to visit in the Peak District
- 7 REVIEW: The Pickled Sprout, Harrogate
- 8 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 9 6 great woodland walks in the Peak District
- 10 18 of the best lockdown takeaways across Yorkshire
August 2017 issue
We head to the southern end of the county to Melbourne for a walk that crosses over the border into Leicestershire and takes in a section of the Cloud Trail.
August 2016 issue
You don’t always need to head to the Peak District to experience the countryside in the county as this walk around Chesterfield and its suburbs illustrates.
August 2015 issue
A classic Peak District walk, heading up to the hills from Baslow to see clouds casting shadows over Chatsworth, and the sun glinting on the Derwent as it snakes past.
All the routes were correct at the time of publication, over time access to certain parts of the walk may be subject to change. We advise you acquire a recent OS map of the area you plan to visit and assure there are no major changes.