5 of the best February walks in the Peak District
- Credit: Archant
We looked through our archives to see what we recommended to you in previous years during February.
February 2019 issue
Duffield is a few miles north up the A6 from Derby, making it a perfect day trip for city dwellers. This walk is a mixture of urban and rural so nothing too strenous here.
February 2018 issue
Head for the heights outside Hathersage to enjy fantastic views of the Peak District. The location of this walk makes it ideal for a day trip from Sheffield.
- 1 6 great woodland walks in the Peak District
- 2 Win a 12 bottle case of mixed wines and champagne from Wharf Side Wines
- 3 Win a signed limited edition print by Fiona Odle
- 4 5 million pound properties for sale in Derbyshire
- 5 Win a stunning brass table lamp from Opulental
- 6 9 of Yorkshire’s best bakeries
- 7 Win a short break at Landal Darwin Forest
- 8 Yorkshire Wolds walk - Thixendale to Hanging Grimston
- 9 Steph McGovern on her new lunchtime show, Steph’s Packed Lunch
- 10 First Look: Cool Yorkshire gastro pub launches new boutique rooms
February 2017 issue
Depending on the weather, February can be the ideal time of year to spot snowdrops. We head to the Staffordshire side of the Peak District to view them at Stanshope Hall.
February 2016 issue
Another walk in the Hope Valley, just a few miles west of Hathersage is Bamford. We set off from here along country roads before heading for the hills.
Hopton and Carsington
February 2014 issue
Another walk that is at it's best during February, Hopton Hall is famed for its snowdrop display and summer gardens which are open on occasion to the public.
All the routes were correct at the time of publication, over time access to certain parts of the walk may be subject to change.