6 of the best January walks in Yorkshire
- Credit: Archant
We looked through our archives to see what we recommended to you in previous years in January.
Hawes and the Cam Road
January 2019 issue
Head south from the popular tourist destination of Hawes via the the ancient Cam Road and return home on the Pennine Way.
Calton and Malhamdale
January 2017 issue
Malham will be very busy with tourists visiting the popular landmarks of Malham Cove, Janet's Foss and Gordale Scar, this walk allows you to enjoy the beautiful area without the crowds.
- 1 Win a diamond ring worth £1,000
- 2 Win a watercolour painting of Gosfield by artist James Merriott
- 3 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 4 Recipe: Make our peanut caramel poke cake
- 5 Photography focus: 5 stunning Yorkshire Dales landscapes
- 6 Afternoon tea deliveries in the Cotswolds
- 7 From The Dig to Harry Potter - 5 films shot in Suffolk
- 8 6 great woodland walks in the Peak District
- 9 Hideen gems in the Peak District - Noon Stones circle, Birchover Triangle, Bleaklow Head
- 10 5 of the most romantic walks in Yorkshire
January 2016 issue
Sadly, you won't witness the sight of leaping salmom if you're visiting in January, but you can witness the wonderful sight of Stainforth Force all year round.
January 2015 issue
A fine moorland trek in the North York Moors that follows ancient paths taken by monks and tradesmen in times gone by.
Nidderdale Way and Ramsgill
January 2014 issue
Take in a section the 53-mile-long Nidderdale Way in the area near Pateley Bridge and explore three lovely Dales villages.
January 2013 issue
This walk takes in some of the finest sections, landscaped by Capability Brown, before going on into open farmland with wide views across the lower Wharfe Valley and makes an ideal choice to blow away the January blues.
All the routes were correct at the time of publication, over time access to certain parts of the walk may be subject to change.