2016 RHS Tatton Ladies Day Best Dressed competition
- Credit: Pics; John Cocks
RHS Tatton is the perfect place to put on the style, as we discovered at the glamorous Ladies’ Day
Everyone looked fresh and lovely at RHS Tatton so it was a tough decision choosing the winner of the Ladies’ Day Best Dressed competition, sponsored by Cheshire Life.
From head-to-toe vintage outfit worn oh so elegantly by the first prize-winner Pauline Parkins, to the stunning black and white ensemble sported by runner-up Lynda Braddock, this was not only a floral celebration but also a celebration of style.
The judges just loved Pauline’s 1940s American linen two-piece, accessorised nicely with a wide-brimmed hat and white gloves. She was awarded first prize, which included a bouquet of flowers presented by Cheshire Life Style Editor Janet Reeder and a VIP outing to the Prince’s Trust polo day at Chester Racecourse in September.
The judges also thought that Lynda’s bold striped dress demonstrated a great fashion sense and she too received a lovely bouquet.
Linda, from Rainow, revealed afterwards that she is the Chair of the Royal Cheshire Agricultural Show Flower Tent team and so is clearly an expert in all things floral.
Finally, a special prize was awarded to young Milo Ashton who had travelled to RHS Tatton with his mum Kristan Ashton, sister Matilda and nanny Jean Beck. The youngster stole the show, waving at the crowds when he collected his Bug Hunter kit.
- 1 10 of the best Halloween events in Cheshire
- 2 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex
- 3 Simon Reeve explores the Lake District his new series
- 4 Essex firework displays: The best events for Bonfire Night 2021
- 5 10 great Halloween events in Lancashire
- 6 Win an amazing festive break for two in Devon
- 7 Fireworks displays and bonfire night events in Sussex 2021
- 8 Star cast unveiled for new ITV crime drama set in North Devon
- 9 5 pumpkin patches to visit in Sussex this autumn
- 10 Where to pick pumpkins in Dorset for Halloween 2021