2017 International Cheese Awards - photo special
- Credit: Archant
Thousands of entries were submitted into this year’s International Cheese Awards in Nantwich
With 5,685 entries submitted, a 13.5% increase on 2016, it makes this year’s International Cheese Awards the biggest show yet. Held on the same day as the Nantwich Show in Dorfold Park, the awards bring together international cheese producers from over 30 countries as well as small, artisan cheese makers – all in with the chance of winning an award.
Shropshire based Bradbury’s Cheese took home the prestigious title of Nantwich Supreme Champion 2017, and Reserve Supreme Champion was awarded to Arla Foods Tuxford and Tebbutt. However, plenty of local Cheshire cheesemakers also reaped the rewards, with businesses such as Delamere Dairy, Joseph Heler and Belton Farm picking up trophies and awards for their produce.
For the seventh consecutive year, Belton Farm in Whitchurch has been declared winner of the National Westminster Trophy for winning the highest number of points overall. They were the recipient of 35 awards, including 15 golds and seven trophies.
‘We’re very pleased. Winning still comes as a surprise to us as we’re very anxious before each awards due to the stiff competition,’ said marketing manager, Alison Taylor. ‘It’s so nice to retain the title as it shows our consistency and quality, and that’s a credit to our cheesemakers and milk producers.’
Alongside the trade stands and rows upon rows of cheese, there were also cookery demonstrations from renowned chefs including James Martin and ex-Coronation Street actor turned chef and cheesemaker, Sean Wilson.
- 1 10 of the best Halloween events in Cheshire
- 2 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex
- 3 Simon Reeve explores the Lake District his new series
- 4 Essex firework displays: The best events for Bonfire Night 2021
- 5 10 great Halloween events in Lancashire
- 6 Win an amazing festive break for two in Devon
- 7 Fireworks displays and bonfire night events in Sussex 2021
- 8 5 pumpkin patches to visit in Sussex this autumn
- 9 Star cast unveiled for new ITV crime drama set in North Devon
- 10 Where to pick pumpkins in Dorset for Halloween 2021