2017 International Cheese Awards - photo special
- Credit: Archant
Thousands of entries were submitted into this year’s International Cheese Awards in Nantwich
With 5,685 entries submitted, a 13.5% increase on 2016, it makes this year’s International Cheese Awards the biggest show yet. Held on the same day as the Nantwich Show in Dorfold Park, the awards bring together international cheese producers from over 30 countries as well as small, artisan cheese makers – all in with the chance of winning an award.
Shropshire based Bradbury’s Cheese took home the prestigious title of Nantwich Supreme Champion 2017, and Reserve Supreme Champion was awarded to Arla Foods Tuxford and Tebbutt. However, plenty of local Cheshire cheesemakers also reaped the rewards, with businesses such as Delamere Dairy, Joseph Heler and Belton Farm picking up trophies and awards for their produce.
For the seventh consecutive year, Belton Farm in Whitchurch has been declared winner of the National Westminster Trophy for winning the highest number of points overall. They were the recipient of 35 awards, including 15 golds and seven trophies.
‘We’re very pleased. Winning still comes as a surprise to us as we’re very anxious before each awards due to the stiff competition,’ said marketing manager, Alison Taylor. ‘It’s so nice to retain the title as it shows our consistency and quality, and that’s a credit to our cheesemakers and milk producers.’
Alongside the trade stands and rows upon rows of cheese, there were also cookery demonstrations from renowned chefs including James Martin and ex-Coronation Street actor turned chef and cheesemaker, Sean Wilson.
- 1 Everything you need to know about Sarah Beeny's move to Somerset
- 2 WIN £250 worth of Christmas food and drink
- 3 Win a £5000 staycation in Cornwall
- 4 The Cheshire choirs singing for Christmas
- 5 Win a £1000 rug from Alternative Flooring
- 6 Win a winter break at the Shireburn Arms in the heart of the Ribble Valley
- 7 Christmas markets in and around the Cotswolds
- 8 Christmas in Hertfordshire 2021: Top festive markets
- 9 Magical Christmas markets in Surrey 2021
- 10 12 of the best Christmas events in Surrey