2018 Boodles Tennis, Mere Golf Resort and Spa
- Credit: Pics; John Cocks
The annual Boodles event in Knutsford played host to a glittering guest list and some of the best players in the world
With an unrivalled cast of legendary players and a glittering guest list, Boodles Tennis returned to The Mere Golf Resort and Spa with a bang this year.
The occasion brought together an influential ‘who’s who’ of Cheshire society and showcased some world-class moves on the court at the Knutsford venue over three sunsoaked days.
Among those welcomed to the county’s best summer garden party were centre court legends Henri Leconte and Thomas Enqvist.
They joined a host of fellow tennis heroes including Xavier Malisse, Mikael Pernfors, Younes El Aynaoui, Barbara Schett, Iva Majoli and Richard Krajicek who all battled it out on centre court.
The event hosted 1,200 guests and it also saw the return of the hugely successful Ladies’ Day, which debuted last year and featured former World No.1 Kim Clijsters and ex-Wimbledon Champion Marion Bartoli, who competed in front of the delighted guests.
This year’s title sponsor was once again Boodles, the acclaimed high-end jewellers. Associate sponsors for 2018 included Oman Air, Manchester Airport, Rolls-Royce, Aspall, Brown Shipley and Myerson.
- 1 9 cosy pubs in Devon to warm up in this winter
- 2 Essex firework displays: The best events for Bonfire Night 2021
- 3 10 of the best Halloween events in Cheshire
- 4 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex
- 5 Christmas markets in and around the Cotswolds
- 6 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 7 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 8 10 great Halloween events in Lancashire
- 9 Magical Christmas markets in Surrey 2021
- 10 5 pumpkin patches to visit in Sussex this autumn