Strictly St. Rocco’s event raises £61,000
- Credit: Archant
Guests enjoyed a sparkling night of competitive dancing at the sixth Strictly St. Rocco’s event
It was a night of sass, sparkle and sequins as Strictly St. Rocco burst onto the dance floor at The Mere Golf Resort and Spa in Knutsford.
Ten amateur dancers put on a spectacular show for 400 guests in support of the Warrington-based hospice, St. Rocco’s.
Audiences voted and with the scores of the four judges, Liz Williamson and her partner Lewis Crowder were crowned Strictly St. Rocco’s 2018 champions with Emile Kreisler and his dance partner Amy Hancock being runners-up with their jive. Jan Costello, a patient at St. Rocco’s Vitality Centre shared a warming speech with guests about the difference the care she has received has made to her.
The evening raised an incredible £61,000 through the dancers’ fundraising efforts and the generosity of guests on the evening.
‘Without people in the local community coming together to support patients and families in ways like this we simply would not be able to continue to deliver our care. We’d like to say a big thank you to everyone who has contributed to the success of this event,’ said Rachel Ingham, Fundraising Manager for St. Rocco’s.
- 1 Devon celebrity chef unveils latest eatery
- 2 10 of the best restaurants for al fresco dining in Norfolk
- 3 A stunning £6 million home near Alderley Edge, Wilmslow, and Prestbury.
- 4 19 great places to eat outdoors in Cheshire after lockdown
- 5 The must-have flowers and plants for gardens in 2021
- 6 12 outdoor dining experiences in Surrey
- 7 Cornwall's best dog-friendly beaches...and places to eat on the way
- 8 Win a unique Peak District Walk book gift box with great map books and photography
- 9 17 of the best spots for al fresco dining in Essex
- 10 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces