2019 Boodles Tennis at The Mere Golf Resort and Spa
- Credit: Archant
Embracing the summer, guests enjoyed an afternoon of tennis, sunshine and champagne at The Mere Golf Resort and Spa
Nothing makes you feel quite so quintessentially British as a day spent sipping Pimms in the summer sun (which made a welcome last-minute appearance) watching a cracking game of tennis.
An exclusive crowd enjoyed all that and more at the seventh consecutive Boodles Tennis at The Mere Golf Resort and Spa in Knutsford.
Guests sipped on champagne - as well as Pimms - as tennis legends took to the court and entertained the crowd; Richard Krajicek even invited one lucky super fan up to play a rally with him.
The tournament, held across three days, raised in excess of £10,000 for the Matt Haycox Foundation - a children's charity which aims to provide financial support to the lives of seriously and terminally ill children and their families.
Aside from the silent charity auction, guests could splash their cash on Boodles jewellery, designer sunglasses and even the odd supercar. Owner of Clique Events, who organise the occasion, Matt Haycox, said: 'I would like to thank again all of our guests and our amazing sponsors for making this year's tennis possible.'
- 1 A fond farewell to Torbay from the captain of cruise ship Eurodam
- 2 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 3 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 4 10 great hill walks in Cheshire
- 5 Rare gold medal of Nelson's Norfolk protégé expected to sell for up to £80,000
- 6 10 Derbyshire walks close to AA recommended pubs
- 7 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces
- 8 Win tickets to BBC Gardeners' World Spring Fair
- 9 Martin Clunes shares his favourite local places in Dorset
- 10 10 Cheshire walks close to AA recommended pubs