2019 Lancashire Life Food and Drink Awards, Ribby Hall Village
- Credit: Donna Clifford
It was a night when industry innovators and dining dynasties joined forces with familiar faces from Lancashire’s thriving hospitality scene to discover the best dining places and people in the county.
The Lancashire Life Food and Drink Awards, held at Ribby Hall Village, Wrea Green, saw more than 250 guests cheering on and celebrating those culinary champions of the county's food and drink industry. The evening began with canapes and cocktails before moving into the Woodland Suite for a three course dinner prepared by head chef Chris Parsons and his skilled kitchen team.
It is the second time the talented chef has cooked for our prestigious event. With menus that were months in the planning, Chris and his team of chefs served stunning food to a room full of their peers.
'It's an absolute honour to have the chance to cook for a room full of such talented chefs who run all kinds of amazing food and drink businesses,' said Chris. 'It is also wonderful to be able to show everyone just what it is we can do here and the kind of food we produce, it's a great feeling. We had seven chefs raring to go and had some of our younger staff, including our kitchen porters, involved so they can be a part of a wonderful event like this. We are so pleased to host it.'
After the meal came the moment everyone had been waiting for. Well known television and radio presenter Andy Crane announced this year's 12 winners to cheers and celebrations.
The awards also raised funds for Hospitality Action, who support hospitality people back on their feet again after a setback.
- 1 A fond farewell to Torbay from the captain of cruise ship Eurodam
- 2 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 3 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 4 10 great hill walks in Cheshire
- 5 10 Derbyshire walks close to AA recommended pubs
- 6 Rare gold medal of Nelson's Norfolk protégé expected to sell for up to £80,000
- 7 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces
- 8 Win tickets to BBC Gardeners' World Spring Fair
- 9 10 Cheshire walks close to AA recommended pubs
- 10 Martin Clunes shares his favourite local places in Dorset