5 things to do in the Cotswolds this weekend (September 4-6)
- Credit: Getty Images/Hemera
As the meteorological autumn begins, there are still plenty of things to do in the Cotswolds both indoors and outdoors this weekend. Here are five of our top picks taking place in the first weekend of September
4 - 6 September, free entry
Taking place in a wonderful, quintessential pub, its barn and a marquee; this end of summer celebration will be full of real ale, local cider and blue harmonies - all in the rolling countryside of Bretforton.
5 September, included with admission price
Saturday will see an all-day celebration of the former Chatelaine of Sudeley Castle, and surviving wife of Henry VII, Katherine Parr. You will be able to see Katherine walking around the grounds, watch a number of Tudor dances and listen to scheduled themed talks taking place around the castle.
3 - 5 September, tickets start at £16.67
If you are a fan of supercars, classic cars and luxury brands – then the Salon Privé supercar show is the place to be seen this weekend, and all within the beautiful grounds of Blenheim Palace to boot.
- 1 Christmas markets in and around the Cotswolds
- 2 Christmas in Hertfordshire 2021: Top festive markets
- 3 Magical Christmas markets in Surrey 2021
- 4 Win a £1000 rug from Alternative Flooring
- 5 Magical Christmas markets in Suffolk 2021
- 6 Magical Christmas markets in Sussex 2021
- 7 Magical Christmas markets in Kent 2021
- 8 The 15 best Christmas markets in Norfolk 2021
- 9 Win a Masterbuilt Gravity Series 560 Digital Charcoal Grill and Smoker
- 10 The best Christmas markets and fairs in and around Cheshire
4 – 6 September, free entry
This lively craft market takes place on the first weekend of every month and it’s full of artisan arts, jewellery, tasty cuisine, local beverages and seasonal goods. There is also live music from a diverse selection of acts to create the perfect bustling market atmosphere.
5-6 September, tickets start at £12
The oldest championship in the history of British motor sport will be taking place in Cheltenham this weekend – the Prescott Gold Cup. During this fast and furious event, visitors will witness competitors taking part in the speed hill climb where they can expect to see a wide variety of cars. The surrounding countryside is the perfect spot to picnic whilst you enjoy the event from afar.