A DAY OF DRAMA AT NEWQUAY LIFEBOAT DAY
Join the RNLI in Newquay in Cornwall for the annual Lifeboat Day
Newquay Lifeboat Day on Sunday 24 August 2014 will be the biggest fundraiser of the year for Newquay RNLI lifeboat station. Watch the impressive teamwork of the lifeboat volunteers on a day which promises family fun and rescue demonstration action.
Newquay Lifeboat Day will give the public the chance to get up close and see for themselves the lifeboats, equipment and rescue skills used by the local RNLI volunteers to help them save lives at sea from one of Cornwall’s busiest lifeboat stations.
The all day event will feature dramatic air/sea rescue displays and demonstrations (subject to operational requirements) from Newquay’s two RNLI inshore lifeboats, the all-weather lifeboat from Padstow lifeboat station and the Royal Navy’s Search & Rescue helicopter from RNAS Culdrose. RNLI lifeguards, HM Coastguard and Cornwall Fire & Rescue service will also be at the harbour supporting their local lifeboat crew.
The crowds will be able to enjoy live music, stalls, demonstrations and refreshments in the scenic surroundings of Newquay Harbour and the bay whilst supporting the vital work of Newquay’s RNLI lifeboat volunteers who are on call 24 hours a day.
If you would be willing to offer one hour of your time to collect donations for the charity that saves lives at sea during Newquay Lifeboat Day, please contact Norman Bailey on 01637 875460.
The harbour car park will be closed for the duration of Newquay Lifeboat Day, to which all are warmly welcomed.
- 1 Devon celebrity chef unveils latest eatery
- 2 10 of the best restaurants for al fresco dining in Norfolk
- 3 A stunning £6 million home near Alderley Edge, Wilmslow, and Prestbury.
- 4 19 great places to eat outdoors in Cheshire after lockdown
- 5 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 6 Win a unique Peak District Walk book gift box with great map books and photography
- 7 The must-have flowers and plants for gardens in 2021
- 8 Martin Clunes shares his favourite local places in Dorset
- 9 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces
- 10 Cornwall's best dog-friendly beaches...and places to eat on the way