A four legged challenge for man’s best friend
- Credit: Anne Cooke
The South West Coast Path Association’s Top Dog Walk competition has just been launched, so get your camera out and snap your pooch in their favourite spot
This year the association wants to see pictures of your four-legged friends enjoying their favourite walk and then you can register your vote for the top dog walk in the west.
Dog walkers account for around a quarter of all visits to the Coast Path and clock up on average 1,800 miles a year according to research.
The competition is backed by the Kennel Club’s access advisor Stephen Jenkinson, an expert on where dog owners can go and what they can do in the countryside.
Stephen says: “Walking with your dog is one of the pleasures of life. Leaving no trace of your visit will ensure we all can enjoy great walks with our dogs on this magnificent coastline for decades to come.”
Deadline for entries is 31 January. One lucky voter will receive a complimentary stay at one of Toad Hall Cottages’ dog friendly holiday homes in the region.
Entries need to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org putting ‘Top dog walk’ in the subject line. Pictures should be good quality, high resolution images. Please include the name of your dog, where the picture was taken and why it’s your pet’s favourite walk on the Coast Path. w
For more information, full terms and conditions and details on how to vote visit southwestcoastpath.org.uk/dogs
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 8 of the best places for a bluebell walk in Surrey
- 3 17 of the best spots for al fresco dining in Essex
- 4 12 outdoor dining experiences in Surrey
- 5 Win a short break in London at The Dilly on Piccadilly
- 6 19 great places to eat outdoors in Cheshire after lockdown
- 7 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces
- 8 7 magical bluebell walks in Devon
- 9 Bluebell walks in Suffolk: Beautiful spring woodlands to explore
- 10 Bluebell woods in Derbyshire: Top 5 places to go for woodland walks
Perfect for man’s best friend
If your dog loves walking the South West Coast Path then help it to give something back with a quality handmade cushion webbed dog lead . All proceeds go towards the Coast Path improvement fund.
Embroidered with the words I love walking the South West Coast Path, these leads are available in a variety of colours in two sizes: 100cm/25mm or 120cm/19mm.
Order one at southwestcoastpath.org.uk or call Debbie or Kate at the association on 01752 896237.