A look ahead to the 2017 Westmorland Show
- Credit: Archant
Westmorland Show is one of the north’s outstanding outdoor events - make sure it’s in the diary
Celebrate the best of farming, food and country living at the Westmorland Show, one of Britain’s favourite agricultural events on Thursday September 14.
Enjoy a unique day out, watching livestock competitors battle it out for a coveted Champion trophy, or take in all the Main Ring action with top level show jumping, the fantastic Parade of Hounds and traditional heavy horse turnouts. Explore England’s largest locally produced food hall to sample your favourite treats or see demonstrations in the Food Theatre from celebrity chef Phil Vickery. With all the usual livestock classes, from cattle, sheep, goats and pigs to poultry and alpacas, 2017 will see even more classes introduced – and don’t miss the new Brown Swiss cattle.
It’s all change this year, with a new layout and plenty of entertainment and exhibitions including the Sheep Show and larger Forestry Arena. Watch the impressive strength of the Cumbria Axe Men in action, and marvel at birds of prey, gundogs, fly fishing, chainsaw and forestry displays. Head to Rural Crafts to have a go at spinning or join in the competitive fun of Cumberland & Westmorland wrestling.
The WI Marquee will house stunning displays and explore the craft marquees to pick up exclusive handmade treasures. Round off the day with a shopping spree from our selection of 400 trade stands and delicious food and drink from one of our many caterers. With baby changing facilities and crèche on site, drop the children off whilst you relax with a locally produced beer or gin and tonic. Children will love the pet’s area and meeting their favourite farm animals. With so much to do, it promises to be an event not to be missed. Don’t forget there’s free parking too with a free bus service from Kendal and Milnthorpe.
Keep up to date with everything Westmorland Show on:
* Facebook at ‘Westmorland County Show & Agricultural Society’
* Twitter ‘@WcaShow’
* Instagram ‘westmorlandcountyshow’
Pre-book your tickets now for fast-track entry and generous discounts at www.westmorlandshow.co.uk
- 1 Where to pick pumpkins in Dorset for Halloween 2021
- 2 5 pumpkin patches to visit in Sussex this autumn
- 3 Essex firework displays: The best events for Bonfire Night 2021
- 4 10 of the best Halloween events in Cheshire
- 5 The Hairy Bikers hit West Yorkshire
- 6 The 5 best pumpkin patches in Somerset this Halloween
- 7 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex
- 8 10 great Halloween events in Lancashire
- 9 The 5 best pumpkin patches in Cornwall this Halloween
- 10 See inside this £3 million former game keeper’s cottage and boathouse in the Cotswolds
The show is held at The Showfield, Lane Farm, Crooklands, LA7 7NH, on September 14