A look ahead to the Cheshire County Show 2014 *VIDEO*
- Credit: Archant
The Cheshire Agricultural Society, organisers of the Cheshire County Show are gearing up for what promises to be another action-packed event on June 17th and 18th.
With its roots firmly embedded in Cheshire’s rich farming history the main focus of the show will once again be the thousands of animals including livestock, horses and dogs.
The Sainsbury’s Agri-Centre will also keep the show’s agricultural heritage alive as members of the county’s farming community demonstrate methods used to get milk, cheese, meat and other foodstuffs on to supermarket shelves.
In addition to the animals the public will get the chance see a variety of rural past times including falconry, ferreting and a pack of hounds in the Countryside Experience Area.
An exciting schedule is planned for the main ring where attractions will include the grand parade of champions, a display of stunning birds of prey and stirring live music.
Visitors will also be able to sample tasty treats and cookery demonstrations in the Roberts Bakery Food Hall and Food Live Theatre.
You can also follow the Cheshire Show on Twitter at @cheshireshow or facebook.com/cheshirecountyshow.
- 1 7 autumn walks in Kent to delight the senses
- 2 12 historic village churches in Cheshire
- 3 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 4 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 5 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 6 Meet Maggie, GBBO's 70-year-old contestant from Dorset
- 7 Try this pretty, circular coastal walk at the Chidham Peninsula
- 8 9 of the best places for coffee across Cornwall
- 9 5 great walks in and around Kendal
- 10 20 of the best restaurants in Essex
For more information on the show visit www.cheshirecountyshow.org.uk.