A look ahead to the Cheshire County Show 2014 *VIDEO*
- Credit: Archant
The Cheshire Agricultural Society, organisers of the Cheshire County Show are gearing up for what promises to be another action-packed event on June 17th and 18th.
With its roots firmly embedded in Cheshire’s rich farming history the main focus of the show will once again be the thousands of animals including livestock, horses and dogs.
The Sainsbury’s Agri-Centre will also keep the show’s agricultural heritage alive as members of the county’s farming community demonstrate methods used to get milk, cheese, meat and other foodstuffs on to supermarket shelves.
In addition to the animals the public will get the chance see a variety of rural past times including falconry, ferreting and a pack of hounds in the Countryside Experience Area.
An exciting schedule is planned for the main ring where attractions will include the grand parade of champions, a display of stunning birds of prey and stirring live music.
Visitors will also be able to sample tasty treats and cookery demonstrations in the Roberts Bakery Food Hall and Food Live Theatre.
You can also follow the Cheshire Show on Twitter at @cheshireshow or facebook.com/cheshirecountyshow.
- 1 WIN £200 worth of luxury silk bed products
- 2 Win a luxury ladies watch worth £199
- 3 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 4 Win super stylish summer shades!
- 5 A fond farewell to Torbay from the captain of cruise ship Eurodam
- 6 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces
- 7 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 8 Fossil hunting in Essex: Where to find shark teeth
- 9 8 great family walks in the North West
- 10 10 great hill walks in Cheshire
For more information on the show visit www.cheshirecountyshow.org.uk.