A look ahead to The Nantwich Show
- Credit: Archant
The Nantwich Show’s celebration of agriculture and cheese returns on July 27th.
The annual Nantwich Show returns once again this month and promises something for everyone. Held on July 27th in Dorfold Park on the edge of the historic market town, the show also includes the largest cheese show in the world, the International Cheese Awards.
The draw for many visitors will be the chance to watch displays of cattle, horses, sheep, poultry, pigeons and dogs compete to be crowned best in show, and no doubt the Countryside Pursuits Area will be popular with its ring displays and demonstrations.
Alongside the many agricultural activities, there will be around 450 trade stands offering everything from clothes, tractors and new cars to the shopping and craft marquee. Call into the food hall and take home a few local treats from the many tempting stalls.
Keeping you entertained throughout the day will be the exciting events in the Main Ring. Among other things this year, the vintage cars, tractors, commercials and machinery section will host an afternoon parade, and the Bolddog Lings freestyle motocross riders will put on thrilling stunt displays.
There will also be a continuous drop-in workshop for floral art, with leaf manipulation workshops for adults and flower arranging workshops for the children.
After the delights of the Nantwich Show, take a wander over to the International Cheese Awards, located within the grounds. This huge cheese tent houses around 4,500 entries of every type of cheese, and last year the show set a new world record with 4,615 cheese and dairy produce entries, from a record 31 countries.
- 1 Star cast unveiled for new ITV crime drama set in North Devon
- 2 10 of the best Halloween events in Cheshire
- 3 Essex firework displays: The best events for Bonfire Night 2021
- 4 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex
- 5 Where to pick pumpkins in Dorset for Halloween 2021
- 6 The 5 best pumpkin patches in Cornwall this Halloween
- 7 5 pumpkin patches to visit in Sussex this autumn
- 8 10 great Halloween events in Lancashire
- 9 The 5 best pumpkin patches in Somerset this Halloween
- 10 Fireworks displays and bonfire night events in Sussex 2021
Also within the cheese tent is the Le Gruyere Cookery Theatre, where you can expect to find celebrity chefs including James Martin, Will Holland and Sean Wilson hosting live cookery demonstrations throughout the day.
Admission on the gate: adult £18, senior citizen £13, junior £7. Nantwich Show, Dorfold Park, Nantwich, CW5 8LB www.nantwichshow.co.uk