A mini-guide to music events in Derbyshire
- Credit: Archant
Whatever your musical preferences, there’s something for you taking place this year in the county.
An eclectic mix of big-name headliners and emerging music talent at six Derby venues.
28th April-1st May
The Big Session Festival
A thriving folk festival hosted by the Oysterband in the beautiful spa town of Buxton – with concerts, workshops, a ceilidh and a ramble.
- 1 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex
- 2 10 of the best Halloween events in Cheshire
- 3 Essex firework displays: The best events for Bonfire Night 2021
- 4 Star cast unveiled for new ITV crime drama set in North Devon
- 5 10 great Halloween events in Lancashire
- 6 Simon Reeve explores the Lake District his new series
- 7 Win an amazing festive break for two in Devon
- 8 5 pumpkin patches to visit in Sussex this autumn
- 9 Fireworks displays and bonfire night events in Sussex 2021
- 10 Where to pick pumpkins in Dorset for Halloween 2021
Bearded Theory Festival
Performing and creative arts festival, recently voted Best Family Festival at the 2016 UK Festival Awards.
Catton Hall, Walton-on-Trent, www.beardedtheory.co.uk
Elton John in Concert
The British pop icon’s first show in Derby since 1979, part of the Wonderful Crazy Night Tour.
Derbyshire County Cricket Club, 3aaa County Ground, Derby, www.derbyshireccc.com
‘The spiritual home of rock’, and a magnet for big names on the scene – including Biffy Clyro, Aerosmith and System of a Down.
Donington Park, Castle Donington, www.downloadfestival.co.uk
Cliff Richard in Concert
To celebrate the release of his brand new album, Cliff Richard presents his Just… Fabulous Rock ‘n’ Roll tour.
Catton Hall, Walton-on-Trent, www.cliffrichard.org
‘A happy marriage of opera, music and books’ with appearances from world-renowned authors, artists and musicians, and a celebrated programme of musical recitals and literary talks.
Y Not Festival
A melting pot of emerging and established live music against a stunning countryside backdrop.
Pikehall, near Matlock, www.ynotfestivals.co.uk
The UK’s biggest independent metal festival.
Catton Hall, Walton-on-Trent, www.bloodstock.uk.com
Off The Tracks Festival
Entertainment from a variety of performers and bands, accompanied by real ales, acoustic sessions, stalls and atmospheric surroundings.
Donington Park Farmhouse Hotel, Castle Donington, offthetracks.co.uk
29th and 30th September
Music, comedy, street theatre and a series of outdoor spectaculars throughout the city centre.
Derby Folk Festival
Fabulous folk performances in the heart of the city.