A rare chance to sail aboard historic trawler Excelsior
- Credit: Archant
There’s an opportunity to sail to Cornwall aboard a historic sailing ship later this month
Berths are available on board the 93-year-old historic sailing trawler Excelsior, which will be leaving Gloucester on 21 August and arriving in Falmouth on the 28 August.
Excelsior has room for 10 people on board as she travels to Falmouth for the start of the Tall Ships Falmouth to Greenwich Regatta.
Accommodation and all meals are provided.
“This is a wonderful opportunity to join one of the nation’s most historic ships for an unforgettable experience,” said Mary George from The Excelsior Trust.
The Excelsior was built in Lowestoft in 1921. She’s 23 metres long and has been meticulously restored to her original sailing appearance. In 1999 she was rated by the National Historic Ship Committee as one of the nation’s 60 most important historic vessels that now form the National Core Collection.
For details contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0845 308 2323. Learn more at theexcelsiortrust.co.uk
- 1 The 5 best pumpkin patches in Somerset this Halloween
- 2 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 3 9 of the best places for coffee across Cornwall
- 4 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 5 At home in the Cotswolds with Simon McCoy
- 6 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 7 23 places to find the best views in Devon
- 8 Lancashire and the Lake District dominate the 2021 National Food Awards top 100 listings
- 9 16 beautiful beaches in Devon you have to visit
- 10 Theatre review: Bat Out of Hell The Musical