A right royal knees up at Farncombe!
- Credit: Archant
Farncombe Courses celebrates its 10th anniversary this September with an event fit for Kings and Queens.
The centre for leisure courses has spent a decade teaching visitors everything from bee-keeping and belly dancing to cupcake decorating and British history – all on a 400-acre estate between Cheltenham and Stratford-upon-Avon.
The celebration on Sunday, September 15 features talks from prominent royal historians as well as a selection of royal artefacts on display.
Historian and television presenter Kate Williams will lead the day with her talk ‘A Baby in the Palace: the Infancy of Princess Victoria’ focusing on the early years of Queen Victoria. Kate, a specialist in royal history, was a key commentator for both the 2011 Royal Wedding and the recent birth of Prince George Alexander Louis and works regularly on programmes with the BBC.
The afternoon will also feature a special presentation from Victoria McGuinness, historian and Projects Manager for the Ashmolean Museum of Art and Archaeology in Oxford. The museum is soon to open a new wing in Broadway and Victoria will feature a selection of royal items from its collection.
Mandy Morrison, Programme Manager at Farncombe Courses, says, “We’re thrilled to welcome Kate and Victoria to lead our 10th anniversary celebrations! With the arrival of the Prince of Cambridge and 60 years since the Queen’s Coronation, 2013 is very much a celebration of the Royal Family as well as Farncombe Courses. We’re looking forward to the day itself and another 10 years dedicated to providing interesting leisure courses in the Cotswolds.”
Guests can choose from two ticket options for the day: Talk and Tea for £25 including both talks plus afternoon tea and cake from 3pm, or The Full Works for £40 with the added Great British lunch from 1.30pm.
- 1 Martin Clunes shares his favourite local places in Dorset
- 2 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 3 A Cotswold nursery bags three awards at RHS Chelsea Flower Show
- 4 Welcome to Cornwall's most expensive village
- 5 10 of the best beaches for swimming in Devon
- 6 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 7 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 8 Meet Maggie, GBBO's 70-year-old contestant from Dorset
- 9 Fish and chip shops in Dorset you need to try
- 10 Win a fabulous free-range Morton's Norfolk turkey for Christmas!
For more information or to book your place call 0333 456 8580.