A special day out for you
- Credit: sub
Somerset Life has joined up with Yeo Valley to offer readers a specially-tailored, fun-filled day out
The day will take place on 2 July in and around the Yeo Valley family farm, home of delicious British organic yogurts, milk and lots of other dairy products.
Nestled into the side of the Mendip Hills and deep within the Somerset countryside you will be able to enjoy a day of breath taking views across the beautiful Yeo Valley from the moment you arrive until it is time to say farewell.
After taking in the valley views with your morning coffee you will spend the morning in the Yeo Valley Organic Garden with Yeo’s friendly garden team.
You will not only come away with expert tips on organic gardening but will also have the chance to pick an array of beautiful flowers from the 6 ½ acres of diverse planting patches and meadow ready for the afternoon’s activities.
After a morning in the fresh country air you will then enjoy a homemade, two-course lunch using produce sourced from in and around the valley.
Once you have had a chance to unwind and relax over lunch it will then be time to learn some top tips from local Somerset florist Bee in the afternoon flower arranging session.
- 1 Devon celebrity chef unveils latest eatery
- 2 10 of the best restaurants for al fresco dining in Norfolk
- 3 A stunning £6 million home near Alderley Edge, Wilmslow, and Prestbury.
- 4 19 great places to eat outdoors in Cheshire after lockdown
- 5 12 outdoor dining experiences in Surrey
- 6 The must-have flowers and plants for gardens in 2021
- 7 Cornwall's best dog-friendly beaches...and places to eat on the way
- 8 Win a unique Peak District Walk book gift box with great map books and photography
- 9 17 of the best spots for al fresco dining in Essex
- 10 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces
Bee will run a practical workshop for all abilities, to look at the best ways to pick and work with flowers straight from the garden.
There will be lots of demonstrations so you can pick up helpful tips and techniques plus the opportunity to arrange seasonal cut flowers from Yeo
Valley Organic Garden to make a lovely hand tied bouquet to take home. Perfect for flower arranging, to brighten your home or for creating lovely gifts to give to friends.
The day will then end with a slice of freshly baked cake and a cup of tea before you head home nicely tired from the fresh air with your beautiful fresh flowers in hand.
To book your ticket, email Jill at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01761 461425.