- Credit: Archant
Abbey Gate College is a well-established, coeducational school for pupils aged 4 to 18.
The college emphasises the importance of building self-esteem and a love of learning in a friendly and caring environment. We value every child here; the potential in each pupil is nurtured and encouraged and the latest inspection noted that ‘Students achieve their academic and personal potential’. Our A level and GCSE results remain very strong, but we recognise that education means more than simply achieving super examination results; at Abbey Gate College the journey itself is of equal importance, providing a stimulating experience and providing an education for life. Music, Drama, Sport and The Arts are an integral part of College life and curricular and extra curricular activities allow pupils to experience stretch and challenge. With positions of responsibility, the Young Enterprise and Duke of Edinburgh schemes we enable pupils to achieve considerable success outside of the classroom.
Aldford School is home to the popular and successful Junior and Infant Department of the College and through beautifully maintained, extensive grounds and staff with a wide range of expertise pupils have the opportunity to develop in all areas of the curriculum.
Abbey Gate College is a successful and happy school, committed to maintaining traditional standards and high educational ideals. Inspectors recently commended the high standards of teaching, learning and especially behaviour in the college. ‘The college fully meets its aim to encourage students to achieve their personal ambitions in an atmosphere that is caring but challenging. The students’ personal qualities are outstanding and fully supported within the college by the positive family type ambience. The community awareness is outstanding; relationships between staff and students themselves are outstanding and conducive to excellent behaviour’ (ISI).
- 1 Who is the real Hampshire soldier behind BBC Two's new drama Danny Boy?
- 2 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 3 13 beautiful riverside pubs to visit in the Cotswolds
- 4 Win £500 of English wine from Lyme Bay Winery
- 5 7 magical bluebell walks in Devon
- 6 20 of the best restaurants in Essex
- 7 Win a short break in London at The Dilly on Piccadilly
- 8 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 9 6 wonderful seafood restaurants to visit in Yorkshire
- 10 A 5.3 mile circular walk around Sandwich