Abingdon & Witney College launches new Apprenticeship preparation course
Students at Abingdon & Witney have been developing their skills and learning about how apprenticeships work through the college’s brand new Catapult Programme.
The programme has been specifically designed to help those young people who are thinking about applying for apprenticeships.
Student Callum Davies–Allen is one of the students who has already benefitted from the bespoke programme. “I thought the Catapult program was great. It gave me a chance to build up my interview techniques, write a better CV, as well as build my confidence”.
Russell Paul, Head of Business Development, manages the programme and said “students gain a great deal from this short course. It runs one day a week for three weeks, allowing flexibility for students who often have other commitments. It can also be a good way back into learning and onto employment, as we teach students the importance of positive behaviour and develop their skills to approach working with local employers.”
On successful completion of the course, together with a portfolio, students receive a Pearson BTEC Level 1 Award in Work Skills. The programme helps develop skills, knowledge and attitudes to not only gain, but sustain, employment. The delivery of the programme is very interactive, with discussions, team working and individual tasks. Students also develop their literacy skills, learn how to apply for jobs and develop positive workplace attitudes. Students will then be supported to apply for some of the many exciting apprenticeship vacancies currently on offer at the College.
The programme runs over three weeks on a series of dates from January 12th 2015.
If you are interested in the Catapult Programme contact Abingdon & Witney College on 01235 585 555, or check out the
website at: www.abingdon-witney.ac.uk
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 8 of the best places for a bluebell walk in Surrey
- 3 12 outdoor dining experiences in Surrey
- 4 17 of the best spots for al fresco dining in Essex
- 5 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces
- 6 Win a short break in London at The Dilly on Piccadilly
- 7 19 great places to eat outdoors in Cheshire after lockdown
- 8 7 of the best places to eat al fresco in York
- 9 16 films that you might not know were made in Devon
- 10 10 of the prettiest Villages in Dorset to visit