Academy students to perform charity gig
- Credit: Archant
Students of The Academy of Music and Sound will be performing a charity gig in Exeter.
First year foundation degree students have organised the event to raise money for local charity Magic Carpet, which works with people who have impeding difficulties with their mental health.
The night consists of eight academy bands performing songs of differing genres specific to a decade.
The students said “For the past month we have been working at organising this event and have particularly put a lot of focus on the purpose of the event
Upon deciding that we would make this a charity event we also set on doing it for a local charity. Magic Carpet was chosen because the group is passionate about its cause. The charity funds people with mental health problems and disabilities to take part in arts, for example music.”
The gig will be at Centre Spot, Exeter city Football club, on the 11 December.
All ages will be welcome on the night. Tickets are available on the door for £4, or £3 with a flyer (which will be distributed in Exeter). Flyers can also easily be requested. Doors will be opening at 7.00pm with the first band on at 7.30pm.
- 1 5 of the best cycle cafés in Lancashire
- 2 How the Goosnargh Gin distillery bounced back from adversity
- 3 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 4 A haunting Cotswolds memoir of growing up in a ménage à trois in the 1950s
- 5 Martin Clunes shares his favourite local places in Dorset
- 6 The best second-hand bookshops in Suffolk
- 7 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 8 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 9 The best places to visit on a short break in Glossop
- 10 9 of the best golf courses in Cheshire