- Credit: Archant
Mr Alan Li MB ChB FRCS FRCS (Gen Surg)
Mr Alan Li graduated from the University Of Bristol Medical School and undertook his surgical training in Leeds/Yorkshire and in Scotland.
During his time in Yorkshire he was the University of Leeds Medical School Tutor in Surgery followed by a 3 year period as a Clinical Training and Research Fellow for the Medical Research Council and the Royal College of Surgeons of England.
Having completed his specialist registration he undertook a travelling fellowship to the National Cancer Centre Hospital in Tokyo to pursue his specialist interest in endoscopic and surgical techniques for cancer of the stomach and oesophagus.
He was then the Senior Clinical Fellow in upper GI and laparoscopic surgery at the Princess Alexandra Hospital in Brisbane, Australia during which time he developed his practice in thoracoscopic and laparoscopic oesophageal and gastric cancer surgery.
He was a Consultant Surgeon in the Mersey region prior to taking up a position at the Manchester Royal Infirmary where he offers a minimal access surgical service for patients requesting obesity surgery, those with benign and malignant conditions of the oesophagus and stomach and across a wide range of general surgery conditions including a keyhole surgery approach to all types of hernia.
Mr Li currently holds the position as Oesophago-Gastric Cancer Lead for the MRI and continues his research interests in upper GI cancer and gastro-oesophageal reflux disease and continues to publish in this field.
- 1 10 great circular walks in Cheshire
- 2 8 great family walks in the North West
- 3 Win a tropical trip for two to Mauritius
- 4 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 5 10 great hill walks in Cheshire
- 6 6 places to view snowdrops in Yorkshire
- 7 Win a unique candles and country house prize
- 8 6 great walks near Warrington
- 9 Everything you need to know about Sarah Beeny's move to Somerset
- 10 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
He currently holds a position as a Royal College of Surgeons instructor on courses for Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS), Care of the Critically Ill Surgical Patient (CCRISP) and Basic Surgical Skills (BSS).
Contact for ALL ENQUIRIES :
Tel 0161226 1811