Alexander Armstrong and his Band visit Sheffield
- Credit: Archant
Pointless presenter sings for his supper in Sheffield
Alexander Armstrong actor, comedian and presenter of TV’s Pointless has taken to the road as a singer and musician and his tour hits the Lyceum, Sheffield on Monday, October 14th. And we are anxious to hear what he really sounds like. We had an inkling of what he can do when he took to the stage complete with padding, a handkerchief and sang Pavarotti-style Nessun Dorma for TV’s Your Face Sounds Familiar winning top scores from judges and his follow-up impersonation of Susan Boyle is still racking up thousands of views on YouTube.
The tour programme includes jazz standards, rock classics as well as pop songs. The band line up is more than impressive with extraordinary musician Harry the Piano, virtuoso wind player Simon Bates, Van Morrison’s drummer Jeff Lardner and Jools Holland’s bassist Dave Swift.
Alexander said: ‘I’ve never done anything like this before but I am so looking forward to heading out on the road with this extraordinary band of musicians, and to meeting the people who come along.
‘I wonder if they’ll be Pointless fans, comedy fans or - strange to say - music fans. Certainly there’ll be something for everyone in the evening.’
He says he is looking forward to performing in Sheffield. ‘I worked in Sheffield and fell in love with the place, it’s so laid back, the people are so nice, it’s a city that is comfortable in its own skin, not like some others,’ he added. Will there be an album from the tour? ‘Really, do you think we should, will anyone buy it?’ asked Alexander. Yes I think they would.
Alexander Armstrong and his Band perform at Sheffield Lyceum on Monday, October 14th. Box office number 0114 249 6000.
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 8 charming market towns you need to visit in Somerset
- 3 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 4 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex
- 5 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 6 20 of the best restaurants in Essex
- 7 Win a Mini-Moon experience for two at The Feathered Nest in the Cotswolds
- 8 6 great walks near Skipton
- 9 7 great walks near Kirkby Lonsdale
- 10 5 great walks in and around Kendal