- Credit: Archant
Alison House is a Georgian style House built by the Arkwright Family and set in the Derwent Valley world Heritage site.
Set in seven acres of grounds with beautiful gardens in a peaceful setting, yet only a short walk from Cromford and the cable cars and attractions of Matlock Bath.With an AA 4 * Guest accommodation rating all 16 rooms have en-suite facilities with televisions and Tea and coffee facilities with free wireless internet access in all areas.
There is an informal bar and Lounge with a elegant dining room overlooking the gardens.
The licensed Bar and Restaurant serves both Lunches and Dinners with an emphasis on using local sourced quality ingredients complimented by a reasonably priced comprehensive Wine List.Alison House is the ideal venue for christenings or family parties , or for your wedding, where we have three rooms licensed for the ceremony, or just for a short relaxing break in the beautiful Derbyshire Dales.
- 1 7 autumn walks in Kent to delight the senses
- 2 12 historic village churches in Cheshire
- 3 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 4 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 5 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 6 Meet Maggie, GBBO's 70-year-old contestant from Dorset
- 7 Try this pretty, circular coastal walk at the Chidham Peninsula
- 8 9 of the best places for coffee across Cornwall
- 9 20 of the best restaurants in Essex
- 10 5 great walks in and around Kendal
The Garden Suite which is a self contained building just a few yards from the main house is the perfect place for meetings and training courses where we can cater for groups of up to 60 people ,we also provide for our conferences overhead projectors free wi-fi ,Flip Charts, 52” Plasma screen Television , Tea and coffee is available at all times and Lunches and Dinners can be provided. This room can be hired on a daily rate or on a residential delegate Rate.
The surrounding area is steeped in History with the famous Arkwright and Masson Mills a short walk away, which house museums and Factory shopping outlets. We are only a few minutes drive from Chatsworth House and Haddon Hall which have been used in the Feature films of “Pride and Prejudice”,” Jane Eyre “and “The other Boleyn Girl”.