All the fun of a Victorian Fayre at the Dorset County Museum
- Credit: Archant
The Dorset County Museum will be hosting a Victorian Fayre on Sunday 22 February from 2.00pm to 5.00pm.
This fundraising event is free and offers members of the public an afternoon of live demonstrations, entertainment and stalls.
Children and adults will experience a whole range of activities which will include learning about life in Victorian times from classroom lessons reciting Dorset dialect words to traditional rural crafts. There will be demonstrations of Dorset buttons, making bonnets, perfumery and net making. A variety of stalls will include Victorian children’s toys and popular parlour games. There will also be a Victorian Tea as well as a raffle and quiz.
Tim Laycock, well-known folk musician, actor and storyteller and other performers will provide traditional singing, music, dance and poetry reading throughout the afternoon.
The funds raised from the fayre will go towards the refurbishment of the Museum’s William Barnes collection and gallery which is dedicated to Dorset’s greatest dialect poet.
WBattens Charitable Trust are has sponsoring this event.
For more information please Tel: 01305 262735 or visit our website at www.dorsetcountymuseum.org.
- 1 WIN a weekend escape at St. Mellion Estate, Cornwall
- 2 Why you should move to Bridlington
- 3 Win a relaxing four-day retreat in Devon, plus other goodies
- 4 10 famous (and not so famous) castles in Cheshire
- 5 Naturism in the Cotswolds
- 6 11 of the most Instagrammble locations in Surrey
- 7 11 of the most Instagrammble locations in Suffolk
- 8 22 things to do in and around the Cotswolds in July
- 9 Discover Yorkshire's newest coastal seafood pop-up
- 10 What's On in Devon, July 2022
• Farrow & Ball and Dorset Magazine Readers Event at Deans Court - Join us for a Colour in the Home day in association with Farrow & Ball. Dorset Magazine and paint and wallpaper specialist Farrow & Ball have teamed up to invite readers to an exclusive event on Thursday 5th March at the idyllic and historic Deans Court, near Wimborne Minster.
• Events and things to do in Dorset - February 2015 - Helen Stiles rounds up her pick of events happening around the county this month.