An evening of quintessential Bach
- Credit: Archant
The next concert in the Wotton Concert Series takes place on Saturday, November 23, and will feature performances of various celebrated pieces by Bach. It will take place at St Mary’s Church, Wotton-under-edge.
Music Director Ben Hoffnung conducts the Rinaldo Consort and chamber choir The St Cecilia Singers in an evening of Baroque masterpieces.
Ben said: “For this concert we have chosen excerpts from some of Bach’s great cantatas. As you can imagine, with more than 200 to choose from the task has been extremely difficult! In addition we will be performing the Brandenburg Concerto No. 1 and, by way of an interesting contrast, a rare concerto by Johann Friedrich Fasch, a contemporary of Bach whom he much admired. I do hope very much that you will all be able to join us for what promises to be an especially enjoyable evening.”
For tickets call: 07415 541359 from 9am-4pm Monday to Friday
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Seats are priced at £28, £18 or £10 and include a free programme and cushion.
- 1 Win a luxury break at The Draycott Hotel in Chelsea
- 2 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 3 One Suffolk beach given Blue Flag status for 2021
- 4 Where to go wild swimming in the Cotswolds
- 5 Win £500 of Gallox fashionwear
- 6 Meet the new Devon stars of Channel 4 series
- 7 Nigel Haworth to return to The Three Fishes in Mitton
- 8 Win £500 of English wine from Lyme Bay Winery
- 9 10 places to visit in South Derbyshire
- 10 Win a picnic hamper from Booths