An Evening with David Gower OBE in Southampton
- Credit: Archant
On Friday 15 May at The Ageas Bowl in Southampton you can hear cricket legend and former England captain David Gower in conversation with BBC South Today’s Sally Taylor MBE.
Enjoy a Pimms Reception followed by a fine three-course dinner with light entertainment during this special evening.
Described as one of the most stylish left-handed batsmen of his era, David Gower was one of the most capped and high scoring players for England at the time. He led a victorious England during the 1985 Ashes and ended his career with an impressive record in First-class cricket - as of February 2012 he held the record of 119 consecutive innings without registering a duck in Test cricket. Following his retirement he is now a successful and admired presenter and commentator for Sky Sports.
The event is in aid of David Gower’s Blood Flow Appeal, raising money to enable Leukaemia Busters to replace a vital piece of research equipment at their Simon Flavell Research Laboratory in Southampton. David and his wife Thorunn have been patrons of Leukaemia Busters since 2004. David commented: “There is no easy way to combat cancer in any of its forms and we are all dependent on the dedication and hard work of those doctors and scientists who strive to find the solutions. Thorunn and I are proud to be Patrons of Leukaemia Busters and we hope that you can generously give your support to this charity’s life-saving research work.”
Tickets for the event are £70 per person and there are also hospitality packages at the brand new Hilton Hotel at The Ageas Bowl available on a first come/first served basis from £160.
Contact for further information and bookings:
- 1 Essex firework displays: The best events for Bonfire Night 2021
- 2 10 of the best Halloween events in Cheshire
- 3 The Hairy Bikers hit West Yorkshire
- 4 5 pumpkin patches to visit in Sussex this autumn
- 5 Where to pick pumpkins in Dorset for Halloween 2021
- 6 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex
- 7 The 5 best pumpkin patches in Somerset this Halloween
- 8 Alport Castles - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 9 10 great Halloween events in Lancashire
- 10 Magical Christmas markets in Kent 2021
Tel: 023 8077 5590