Derbyshire care home becomes only one with 4 out of 5 ‘outstanding’ rating
- Credit: Archant
A residential home in Ashbourne has been rated ‘outstanding’ by recent Care Quality Commission (CQC) report. The home, Ashbourne Lodge, is the only care home in the county of Derbyshire to hold the 4 out of 5 ‘outstanding’ rating.
The care home received 'outstanding' ratings in four key areas including effective, caring, responsive and well-led. Ashbourne Lodge based in Ashbourne, is run by the Milford Care group who run 6 care homes across Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire.
Ashbourne Lodge provides a full range of dedicated services including residential and nursing care, dementia care, long term and short-term respite breaks and day care. Inspectors found that they produce personalised care plans for each individual, which promote wellbeing and independence.
Home Manager of Ashbourne Lodge, Jim Watt, said: 'We're very proud of all we have achieved to receive this prestigious award. I'd like to thank everyone involved with the progression of Ashbourne Lodge and their hard work to ensure excellent care. The resident's wellbeing and independence through the whole process is integral to the way we work and the staff uphold this at all times. I couldn't be happier.'
The home is known in the area for its appealing range of facilities - a cosy residents' bar, large café, cinema room, hair salon, vintage-themed reminiscence lounge and landscaped sensory gardens are just a handful of the amenities Ashbourne Lodge has to offer.
All meals are freshly prepared by the team of onsite chefs and the menus are designed based on residents' feedback and wishes. Hot food is available throughout the day, and Ashbourne Lodge's chefs tailor dishes to meet the dietary requirements and preferences of each resident.
To find out more about Ashbourne Lodge, visit www.milfordcare.co.uk/ashbourne-lodge or call on 01335 301400.
- 1 WIN £200 worth of luxury silk bed products
- 2 Win a luxury ladies watch worth £199
- 3 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 4 Win super stylish summer shades!
- 5 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 6 10 Cheshire walks close to AA recommended pubs
- 7 Win a watercolour painting of The Matchings by artist James Merriott
- 8 Win £500 of English wine from Lyme Bay Winery
- 9 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 10 13 beautiful riverside pubs to visit in the Cotswolds