ASK Italian Grand Tour visits Exeter
- Credit: Archant
The ASK Italian Grand Tour, a nationwide fundraising initiative aiming to raise £250,000 for Great Ormond Street Hospital Children’s Charity, arrived at ASK Italian Exeter on 22 September.
The restaurant hosted an exclusive food night which was attended by chef Theo Randall, members of the local community and a number of the ASK Italian Grand Tour cycling team who had cycled over 500 miles from Peterborough in the days preceding the event.
ASK Italian Exeter General Manager Robert Allen presented Great Ormond Street Hospital patient Callum Morgan, 13, with a cheque for £533 after the restaurant raised money throughout August by offering raffle tickets to diners and giving them a chance to win an exclusive Italian food hamper.
The total sum raised nationally now stands at over £160,530.
The Tour is being been supported by a host of British talent, including McFly, Lawrence Dallaglio, Lee Dixon, Dan Lobb and chef Theo Randall, as members of the ASK Italian community cycle, run and swim over 2,500 miles and visit every ASK Italian restaurant across Britain in order to collect funds raised locally for the charity.
Steve Holmes, ASK Italian MD commented: “The Grand Tour offers our customers and the public the chance to get involved in something that will make a difference to so many children at Great Ormond Street Hospital.
“We hope the Grand Tour will capture the spirit of ASK Italian; raise a huge sum of money for a charity close to our hearts, celebrate our passion for real Italian food and culture and of course, have some fun along the way.”
- 1 Review: Edgar House, Chester
- 2 Win a £500 VIP Ladies Day at Thirsk Races
- 3 The top 10 Glastonbury performances of all time
- 4 Win a year of farm shop food from Hinchliffe's worth £500
- 5 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 6 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 7 Cotswold guided walks: The benefits of walking with friends
- 8 10 reasons you should visit Canterbury
- 9 Don't miss Hampton Court Palace's divine tulip display this spring
- 10 16 beautiful beaches in Devon you have to visit
For more information on the Grand Tour or to donate to the charity, visit the ASK Italian Grand Tour website: www.askitaliangrandtour.co.uk, or visit your local ASK Italian restaurant.