Autism awareness fundraiser walk in Cheltenham this March
- Credit: Archant
People in Gloucestershire are invited to join an autism awareness fundraiser walk around Cheltenham’s pittville park and lake on March 29.
Everybody is invited to join in the brisk Sunday morning walk on March 29, raising money for the local specialist school Battledown Centre for Children and the Autism Research Trust.
The route is approx. 1.5km and is wheelchair and buggy friendly, with cafes on route and a public toilet. All walkers are responsibility for their own party and are encouraged to bring the necessary drinks/snacks/weather condition clothing; umbrellas, welly boots, sun cream, hats etc. There are cafés on route and a public toilet.
The organisers will be selling Autism Awareness wristbands on the day. Those with wristbands will receive discounted drinks (for that day only) at the cafés in the park and from the sponsors of the walk, The Playfarm, an indoor, themed soft play centre for children aged 0-12 years; if you are wearing your wristband throughout the month of April 2015 you will get half price entry to The Playfarm Mon-Thurs. There will also be a raffle with tickets available to puchase on the day
In 2011, 1 in 100 children in the UK were diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder - that is 700,000 children. The cause of autism is currently unknown, and there is no definitive ‘cure’. However, statistics show that children who have had early intervention are able to intergrate better into society through improving their social, communicative and interaction skills. Schools like Battledown Centre for Children help give autistic children a better future.
Family & Friends Walking Fundraiser
Sunday March 29 2015, Pittville Pump rooms
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 23 places to find the best views in Devon
- 3 Lancashire and the Lake District dominate the 2021 National Food Awards top 100 listings
- 4 Theatre review: Bat Out of Hell The Musical
- 5 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 6 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 7 The 5 best pumpkin patches in Somerset this Halloween
- 8 Heritage Open Days 2021: 14 unusual places to visit in Devon
- 9 Win a Mini-Moon experience for two at The Feathered Nest in the Cotswolds
- 10 At home in the Cotswolds with Simon McCoy
£3 per adult & £1 per child (Under 12)
9:30am check in – walk starts at 10am
(PLEASE TRY AND HAVE THE CORRECT CHANGE TO ENSURE A SWIFT CHECK IN)