Avant Garde of Baslow
- Credit: Archant
Avant Garde of Baslow is one of Derbyshire’s premier interiors, country furniture and giftware retailers, stocking a wide range of beautiful gifts and accessories for the home and garden.
Avant Garde is in the beautiful village of Baslow, which is just a short drive from the glorious Chatsworth House and Gardens. The company has two boutiques both on Church Street, either side of Charlie’s (a fabulous bistro), and oppostive Saint Anne’s church; the glass-fronted larger store focuses on homeware and larger items of furniture, including wardrobes, dressers, shelves, settees, chairs, base units and dining tables.
In the smaller shop, referred to by staff as the ‘little shop’ there is a wide range of beautiful gifts, prints, framed photographs, candlesticks, jewellery, handmade crockery, fine glassware, scarves and handbags, as well as mirrors, picture frames and coffee table books.
Since buying the business in 2010, owner, Tracey Harrison, has continued to source new pieces of original French country furniture, most of it dating back to the early 20th century, which will adds that certain je ne sais quoi to any home or garden. There is new stock arriving all the time, which means that Avant Garde’s customers are always going to be spoilt for choice and will almost certainly never see the same piece of furniture twice.
- 1 Christmas markets in and around the Cotswolds
- 2 Magical Christmas markets in Surrey 2021
- 3 Christmas in Hertfordshire 2021: Top festive markets
- 4 Magical Christmas markets in Suffolk 2021
- 5 Magical Christmas markets in Sussex 2021
- 6 Christmas in Hertfordshire 2021: Festive light switch-ons & festivities
- 7 The 15 best Christmas markets in Norfolk 2021
- 8 Magical Christmas markets in Kent 2021
- 9 Win a theatre break in Manchester to see The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
- 10 The 11 best Christmas markets in Somerset 2021
As one of the region’s major stockists of the increasingly desirable Chalk Paint and waxes by Annie Sloan, sold in the larger of the two shops, Tracey runs a series of painting workshops at Avant Garde, where she teaches basic painting, waxing, distressing and aging techniques. As a result of Tracey’s popular painting workshops her protegés learn how to achieve that un-designed designer look - injecting a touch of chic into the shabby.
Avant Garde is open 7-days-a-week from 10am until 5pm.
Calver Road, Baslow, DE45 1RP
Tel: 01246 583888