AWARD WINNING INTERNATIONAL DANCERS CAST IN DUCHY BALLET'S "SLEEPING BEAUTY"
Two award winning dancers have been cast in the lead roles of Duchy Ballet’s “Sleeping Beauty”.
Duchy Ballet’s Artistic Director, Kay Jones said: “We are proud to welcome such outstanding international dancers, who will be a delight to both our audience and young dancers.”
Princess Aurora will be danced by multiple award winning Laura Bösenberg, Senior Principal Ballerina from of Cape Town City Ballet. The Prince will be performed by Thomas Thorne, who trained at the Central School of Ballet in London and has won numerous awards in South Africa, including “Best Male Dancer” in 2010 and 2012. He has previously danced principal roles in numerous ballets including Sleeping Beauty, Swan Lake, and Cinderella.
The show’s choreographer Terence Etheridge said: "I am thrilled to be working with such outstanding dancers and knew from the second I saw them dancing together in Cape Town they were the final magical element we needed."
The ballet will also feature also some of Cornwall’s most talented young dancers, some of whom will go on to study dance professionally.
There will be four performances of the ballet on the 17th and 18th of March. Tickets are available from the Hall for Cornwall.
- 1 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 2 Who is the real Hampshire soldier behind BBC Two's new drama Danny Boy?
- 3 13 beautiful riverside pubs to visit in the Cotswolds
- 4 7 magical bluebell walks in Devon
- 5 6 wonderful seafood restaurants to visit in Yorkshire
- 6 20 of the best restaurants in Essex
- 7 Five hot new restaurants opening in Sussex
- 8 Bluebell walks in Dorset: 8 of the best places to go
- 9 Win a unique Peak District Walk book gift box with great map books and photography
- 10 A 5.3 mile circular walk around Sandwich