Bag a bargain to battle meningitis
- Credit: Archant
A MUM whose baby beat meningitis earlier this year asks everyone to bag a bargain to battle the disease.
Gemma Lizemore, of Wiveliscombe, took her ill Gracie, then seven weeks old, to Musgrove Park Hospital, Taunton, in January.
She was diagnosed with pneumococcal disease and spent 11 weeks battling in three hospitals.
The 34-year-old mum is hosting a charity sale for Meningitis Now at The White Hart, Wiveliscombe, on Saturday, May 31, from 10.30am to 4.30pm.
Items include quality clothes, handbags, toys, bric-a-brac and homemade cakes.
The mum-of-two said: “It was heart-breaking seeing Gracie fighting for her life, but she fought amazingly and I thank everyone who helped.
“I want to do all I can to stop this happening to others, so come, bag a bargain and support the charity, which continues to help us through the traumatic times.”
For more information on the disease, visit www.MeningitisNow.org.
- 1 5 of the best cycle cafés in Lancashire
- 2 A haunting Cotswolds memoir of growing up in a ménage à trois in the 1950s
- 3 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 4 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 5 Martin Clunes shares his favourite local places in Dorset
- 6 See inside this £1.5 million modern property in the Oxfordshire Cotswolds
- 7 How the Goosnargh Gin distillery bounced back from adversity
- 8 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 9 7 scenic coastal walks to try in Somerset (with cafes on the way)
- 10 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex