Bag a bargain to battle meningitis
- Credit: Archant
A MUM whose baby beat meningitis earlier this year asks everyone to bag a bargain to battle the disease.
Gemma Lizemore, of Wiveliscombe, took her ill Gracie, then seven weeks old, to Musgrove Park Hospital, Taunton, in January.
She was diagnosed with pneumococcal disease and spent 11 weeks battling in three hospitals.
The 34-year-old mum is hosting a charity sale for Meningitis Now at The White Hart, Wiveliscombe, on Saturday, May 31, from 10.30am to 4.30pm.
Items include quality clothes, handbags, toys, bric-a-brac and homemade cakes.
The mum-of-two said: “It was heart-breaking seeing Gracie fighting for her life, but she fought amazingly and I thank everyone who helped.
“I want to do all I can to stop this happening to others, so come, bag a bargain and support the charity, which continues to help us through the traumatic times.”
For more information on the disease, visit www.MeningitisNow.org.
- 1 Win the full range of Bashall Spirits Gins
- 2 10 great circular walks in Lancashire
- 3 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 4 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 5 15 festivals and shows happening this summer in Devon
- 6 9 places to eat out in Chester this summer
- 7 Peek inside this £1.9m Cotswold house with breathtaking countryside views
- 8 6 great walks near Ramsbottom
- 9 7 great walks in Wensleydale
- 10 10 great circular walks in Cheshire