Bakewell Show 2013: 7th & 8th August
- Credit: Archant
Bakewell’s brilliant bonanza returns
This year’s Bakewell show will be held on 7th and 8th of August, with new attractions for 2013 including an equestrian day and a visit from the county air ambulance.
The equestrian day will take place on 6th August and will accommodate new classes including dressage and ridden heavy horses. Main Ring highlights include the fast-paced, action-packed trick riding show ‘Gulliver’s Carnival Spectacular’ from the Stampede Stunt Company. The show will see professional performers astound and amaze with trick riding, Roman riding, sword fighting, drama and stunts.
This year’s showground will also have an area dedicated to the emergency services. The county air ambulance service will bring a helicopter fuselage for young visitors to sit in and enjoy, and will also be holding rescue demonstrations throughout the day. The Fire Service and the Edale Mountain Rescue team will also be present.
Hundreds of champion animals in the cattle lines, a dog show, theatre on the Village Green, a ‘beach’, vintage and modern cars, speciality food, giant vegetables and fantastic flowers in the horticulture section are sure to make this year’s action-packed event an occasion not to be missed.
For more information, visit www.bakewellshow.org or call 01629 812736.
- 1 Devon celebrity chef unveils latest eatery
- 2 10 of the best restaurants for al fresco dining in Norfolk
- 3 19 great places to eat outdoors in Cheshire after lockdown
- 4 Win a holiday for two on the Isles of Scilly
- 5 A stunning £6 million home near Alderley Edge, Wilmslow, and Prestbury.
- 6 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces
- 7 17 of the best spots for al fresco dining in Essex
- 8 The must-have flowers and plants for gardens in 2021
- 9 12 outdoor dining experiences in Surrey
- 10 Devon wildlife park to help reintroduce wildcats to England