Bakewell Show 2013: 7th & 8th August
- Credit: Archant
Bakewell’s brilliant bonanza returns
This year’s Bakewell show will be held on 7th and 8th of August, with new attractions for 2013 including an equestrian day and a visit from the county air ambulance.
The equestrian day will take place on 6th August and will accommodate new classes including dressage and ridden heavy horses. Main Ring highlights include the fast-paced, action-packed trick riding show ‘Gulliver’s Carnival Spectacular’ from the Stampede Stunt Company. The show will see professional performers astound and amaze with trick riding, Roman riding, sword fighting, drama and stunts.
This year’s showground will also have an area dedicated to the emergency services. The county air ambulance service will bring a helicopter fuselage for young visitors to sit in and enjoy, and will also be holding rescue demonstrations throughout the day. The Fire Service and the Edale Mountain Rescue team will also be present.
Hundreds of champion animals in the cattle lines, a dog show, theatre on the Village Green, a ‘beach’, vintage and modern cars, speciality food, giant vegetables and fantastic flowers in the horticulture section are sure to make this year’s action-packed event an occasion not to be missed.
For more information, visit www.bakewellshow.org or call 01629 812736.
- 1 WIN £200 worth of luxury silk bed products
- 2 Win a luxury ladies watch worth £199
- 3 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 4 Win super stylish summer shades!
- 5 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 6 10 Cheshire walks close to AA recommended pubs
- 7 Win a watercolour painting of The Matchings by artist James Merriott
- 8 Win £500 of English wine from Lyme Bay Winery
- 9 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 10 13 beautiful riverside pubs to visit in the Cotswolds