- Credit: Archant
For two days packed with family fun you can’t beat Bakewell Show.
And this year organisers are adding a new dimension....a special Equestrian Day is to be staged on August 6th, the day before the official show on August 7th and 8th. The move is to accommodate new classes which include dressage and ridden heavy horses.
This year there will be a distinctly circus flavour to the show, which attracts more than 60,000 visitors each year. The centre ring attraction will showcase a circus act stunt team, and various classes and other attractions will reflect the theme.
Know as the ‘friendly show’ there’s something for everyone at Bakewell from hundreds of champion animals and speciality food to giant vegetables and fantastic flowers. The latest cars are on show together with treasured vintage examples - there’s even a beach and lots of other fun things for children to enjoy.
- 1 Where to pick pumpkins in Dorset for Halloween 2021
- 2 Essex firework displays: The best events for Bonfire Night 2021
- 3 5 pumpkin patches to visit in Sussex this autumn
- 4 10 of the best Halloween events in Cheshire
- 5 The Hairy Bikers hit West Yorkshire
- 6 The 5 best pumpkin patches in Somerset this Halloween
- 7 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex
- 8 The 5 best pumpkin patches in Cornwall this Halloween
- 9 10 great Halloween events in Lancashire
- 10 See inside this £3 million former game keeper’s cottage and boathouse in the Cotswolds
Bakewell Show is incredibly good value for money, especially if you book early or, better still, become a patron or a member. And remember Children under 16 are FREE!
Pre-show tickets for adults are £14 and OAPs £12. On the gate prices are £15 for adults and £13 for OAPs.
Becoming a Patron costs £65, which gives two full days at the Show, car parking and hospitality in a specially reserved area at the centre ringside together with grandstand tickets.
Members too get two full days at the show for two people with car parking and entry to a special Members area.
All the details about the Show attractions and the different classes available as well as pictures of previous Shows can be found on the Show’s website www.bakewellshow.org. Tickets can be bought on-line or from the Show office - for more information call 01629 812736.