Beechwood Cancer Care Centre Butterfly Ball, Lancashire County Cricket Club, Old Trafford
- Credit: Archant
Patients, friends and supporters of the Stockport-based Beechwood Cancer Care Centre partied into the early hours at the annual Butterfly Ball at The Point at Lancashire County Cricket Club, Old Trafford.
Over 250 guests listened to an emotional speech by actor Lee Boardman, who told the room how cancer had hit three members of his family in the last two years and how Beechwood was offering support and hope to his sister. Suzy, and his mother.
After a fantastic meal Lee was joined by Chelsea Spokes from KEY 103 to host an auction that raised an amazing £6,000, bidding for Rhianna tickets, Manchester City and United packages among others.
The evening was completed by entertainment from the Renegade Blues Brothers who had the room on their feet.
Two guests arrived in fine style at the event. Ann Emerson and Ian Parry were chauffeur-driven there, courtesy of Rolls-Royce motor cars, Manchester, in an eye-catching silver blue Roller.
The ball was sponsored by Slater and Gordon Lawyers with auction prizes provided by Pareto Financial planning.
Although the final amount is to be confirmed the event raised in the region of £16,500.
- 1 Devon celebrity chef unveils latest eatery
- 2 10 of the best restaurants for al fresco dining in Norfolk
- 3 A stunning £6 million home near Alderley Edge, Wilmslow, and Prestbury.
- 4 19 great places to eat outdoors in Cheshire after lockdown
- 5 Cornwall's best dog-friendly beaches...and places to eat on the way
- 6 The must-have flowers and plants for gardens in 2021
- 7 12 outdoor dining experiences in Surrey
- 8 17 of the best spots for al fresco dining in Essex
- 9 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces
- 10 Al fresco dining in Cornwall: 9 of the best places to go
The black tie occasion was one of many events that Beechwood hold throughout the year to raise funds to provide support to cancer patients and those with life limiting illness, their families and carers. For more information on any events or services offered by Beechwood please visit the website www.beechwoodcancercare.co.uk