Beechwood Cancer Care Centre fashion show and lunch, Mere Golf Resort and Spa
- Credit: Archant
Beechwood Cancer Care Centre staged a stylish fashion lunch to raise money...and morale
A fashion show and lunch in aid of the Stockport-based Beechwood Cancer Care Centre was held at Mere Golf Resort and Spa.
Former patients were among the models who sashayed down the catwalk, under the gaze of almost 300 guests.
The catwalk parade, staged by Elise Smith Productions, featured this season’s ‘must have’ styles from House of Fraser at Rackhams Altrincham.
The occasion was hosted by Key 103’s Chelsea Norris. A poignant personal message was read out on behalf of actor and Beechwood patron Lee Boardman who has lost two of his sisters to cancer. One of them, Suzy, had been supported by Beechwood over the last four years.
Ali Birchenalle entertained the ladies, who covered him in make up for a ‘reverse no make-up selfie’.
The event raised £21,000 - as well as boosting the confidence of cancer sufferers who took part.
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 3 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 4 5 Yorkshire walking locations with great pubs
- 5 Win a Mini-Moon experience for two at The Feathered Nest in the Cotswolds
- 6 7 great walks near Kirkby Lonsdale
- 7 5 great walks in and around Kendal
- 8 Why James Bond actor Timothy Dalton is proud of his Belper roots
- 9 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex
- 10 16 beautiful beaches in Devon you have to visit
Beechwood will hold the Butterfly Ball at The Point, Old Trafford, on June 21.
For details visit www.beechwoodcancercare.co.uk