Beechwood Cancer Care Centre fashion show and lunch, Mere Golf Resort and Spa
- Credit: Archant
Beechwood Cancer Care Centre staged a stylish fashion lunch to raise money...and morale
A fashion show and lunch in aid of the Stockport-based Beechwood Cancer Care Centre was held at Mere Golf Resort and Spa.
Former patients were among the models who sashayed down the catwalk, under the gaze of almost 300 guests.
The catwalk parade, staged by Elise Smith Productions, featured this season’s ‘must have’ styles from House of Fraser at Rackhams Altrincham.
The occasion was hosted by Key 103’s Chelsea Norris. A poignant personal message was read out on behalf of actor and Beechwood patron Lee Boardman who has lost two of his sisters to cancer. One of them, Suzy, had been supported by Beechwood over the last four years.
Ali Birchenalle entertained the ladies, who covered him in make up for a ‘reverse no make-up selfie’.
The event raised £21,000 - as well as boosting the confidence of cancer sufferers who took part.
- 1 Review: Edgar House, Chester
- 2 Win a £500 VIP Ladies Day at Thirsk Races
- 3 The top 10 Glastonbury performances of all time
- 4 Win a year of farm shop food from Hinchliffe's worth £500
- 5 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 6 Cotswold guided walks: The benefits of walking with friends
- 7 Isle of Wight to star in new Ainsley Harriott series on Channel 4
- 8 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 9 10 reasons you should visit Canterbury
- 10 Don't miss Hampton Court Palace's divine tulip display this spring
Beechwood will hold the Butterfly Ball at The Point, Old Trafford, on June 21.
For details visit www.beechwoodcancercare.co.uk