Beechwood Cancer Care Centre fashion show and lunch, Mere Golf Resort and Spa
- Credit: Archant
Beechwood Cancer Care Centre staged a stylish fashion lunch to raise money...and morale
A fashion show and lunch in aid of the Stockport-based Beechwood Cancer Care Centre was held at Mere Golf Resort and Spa.
Former patients were among the models who sashayed down the catwalk, under the gaze of almost 300 guests.
The catwalk parade, staged by Elise Smith Productions, featured this season’s ‘must have’ styles from House of Fraser at Rackhams Altrincham.
The occasion was hosted by Key 103’s Chelsea Norris. A poignant personal message was read out on behalf of actor and Beechwood patron Lee Boardman who has lost two of his sisters to cancer. One of them, Suzy, had been supported by Beechwood over the last four years.
Ali Birchenalle entertained the ladies, who covered him in make up for a ‘reverse no make-up selfie’.
The event raised £21,000 - as well as boosting the confidence of cancer sufferers who took part.
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 Win a picnic hamper from Booths
- 3 Can you rehome Surrey’s loneliest dog?
- 4 Visit the village that people never want leave
- 5 For sale: Yorkshire's dreamiest coastal view
- 6 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 7 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 8 4 of the best Norfolk gardens to see rhododendrons
- 9 10 National Garden Scheme open gardens to visit in Cheshire this summer
- 10 Wild Essex: 5 hotspots for nature lovers
Beechwood will hold the Butterfly Ball at The Point, Old Trafford, on June 21.
For details visit www.beechwoodcancercare.co.uk