Best Place For... with Penny English of See Saw lingerie in Hale
Each month Living Edge finds out your recommendations of places to wine and dine. For December it's the turn of Penny English who owns See Saw lingerie in Hale.
Penny English took over SeeSaw, the family lingeriebusiness four years ago andhas cultivated a loyalcustomer base due to theprofessional friendly service people findthere. She must be doing it right, as theshop itself will be celebrating its 20thbirthday in 2011. She says Hale is agreat place for business and socialisingas it has such a varied selection ofplaces to eat and drink within easywalking distance. These are her BestPlaces For.....
BrunchA great place to go is the newly openedupstairs at Gastronomy on Ashley Road,Hale or if you really want a great Englishbreakfast then the place to go is TheAmerican Bar and Grill on a Sunday.
Business LunchDue to the nature of the lingeriebusiness unfortunately I rarely get involved in business lunches - most ofour buying and socialising within theindustry happens at the lingerie andswimwear shows in London, the N.E.C.Birmingham or, occasionally, Paris. If theneed for a business lunch arises thenEarle is a good choice.
CoffeeI have discovered that Gastronomy do agreat hot chocolate as I’m not a greatlover of coffee (not for want of trying!).
A Night out with the GirlsThis can vary enormously depending onthe occasion and can be as simple as apizza, as oriental as Dee Thai or ManZen, or fun at Piccolino’s or La Vina.
CocktailsThere are a couple of enjoyable placesto go for cocktails in Hale - the Hale Grillfor a Kir Royale or Piccolino’s for a Bellini- both places have a great atmosphereand get your evening off to a good start.
- 1 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex
- 2 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 3 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 4 How the Goosnargh Gin distillery bounced back from adversity
- 5 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 6 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 7 7 of the best spas in Sussex
- 8 Afternoon tea in Kent: 15 of the best tearooms
- 9 5 Yorkshire walking locations with great cafes
- 10 A haunting Cotswolds memoir of growing up in a ménage à trois in the 1950s
Romantic MealFor me, and I’m sure many other womenare the same, an evening of romancealways starts with wearing a beautifulset of lingerie! The most romantic meal Ihave had recently was up in the LakeDistrict but, once again, there are manyplaces to go locally especially LaBoheme in Lymm.
See Saw186 Ashley Road, Hale. Tel: 0161 9281072 www.penyjanelingerie.co.uk