Big Shakeout Festival 2013: 27th to 29th September
- Credit: Archant
A festival of the outdoors in the heart of the Peak District
This year’s Big Shakeout Festival, organised by Alpkit and Thornbridge Outdoors, will be held from the 27th to 29th September and promises to offer a host of exciting activiies for all ages, in a weekend packed full of adventure and entertainment.
The event will once again take place at Thornbridge Outdoors, near Bakewell, in the heart of the Peak District.
The Big Shakeout is designed to bring together many people with a love for the outdoors, combining both adventure and entertainment. Throughout the weekend there will be a diverse range of courses available through the School of Adventure, from climbing, biking, and canoeing to caving, bushcraft and photography. These will be run by Thornbridge instructors, elite athletes and top coaches, offering short, affordable oppurtunities to try something new or brush up on your existing skills. Then as the sun goes down, the festival area will be transformed into a relaxing environment – perfect for listening to live music, watching adventure films and socialising.
Whether you’ve been doing it for years or are just looking to start out, the festival has something for everyone. A Big Shakeout pass gives you 2 nights of camping in the beautiful Thornbridge grounds, a host of free on-site activities, a Saturday night meal and evening entertainment – priced at £45 per adult and £20 per child.
Tickets and full details are now available at www.bigshakeout.com
- 1 10 of the best Halloween events in Cheshire
- 2 Where to pick pumpkins in Dorset for Halloween 2021
- 3 Essex firework displays: The best events for Bonfire Night 2021
- 4 5 pumpkin patches to visit in Sussex this autumn
- 5 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex
- 6 The Hairy Bikers hit West Yorkshire
- 7 The 5 best pumpkin patches in Somerset this Halloween
- 8 10 great Halloween events in Lancashire
- 9 Fireworks displays and bonfire night events in Sussex 2021
- 10 Magical Christmas markets in Kent 2021