Bower Willis Designs demonstrate steam cooking in time for Christmas dinner
- Credit: Archant
If you thought a traditional Christmas dinner was a labour intensive roast, then think again. Bower Willis Designs, in conjunction with V-ZUG, have demonstrated how to create a delicious and healthy festive spread with the minimum fuss and maximum flavour.
Kitchen and interior designers Bower Willis Designs presented a live demonstration of V-ZUG combi-steam ovens at their design showroom in Shipston-on-Stour on November 13, inviting customers to taste the benefits of steam cookery for themselves.
As well as demonstrating the versatility of the combi-steam ovens by cooking a full three course festive feast, it was also an opportunity to emphasise the ease of cooking with a V-ZUG oven.
Advanced technology, precision timings and heat settings that are programmable to within a degree mean that food retains its flavour and essential nutrients at the touch of a button.
James Smith of V-ZUG used the combi-steam ovens to prepare a butternut squash soup, roast turkey with all the trimmings and melt in the mouth bite sized Christmas puddings.
Majestic Wines paired each course with a complementary wine that included a rich, full-bodied Saintsbury Chardonnay 2010 and the Ned Pinot Noir 2012, Marlborough as two options to enjoy with roast turkey. To end, a divine, sticky dessert wine, the Rustenberg Straw Wine, 2011 was the perfect accompaniment for the festive puddings.
- 1 Win a fabulous free-range Morton's Norfolk turkey for Christmas!
- 2 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 3 8 charming market towns you need to visit in Somerset
- 4 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 5 The best walks in Dorset to see the autumn leaves
- 6 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex
- 7 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 8 You can stay at this adorable Winnie the Pooh 'Bearbnb' in Sussex
- 9 20 of the best restaurants in Essex
- 10 9 places to experience the sunset in the Peak District
For a sweet treat guaranteed to delight guests this Christmas, follow V-ZUG’s tried and tested recipe for yourself:
Mini Christmas Puddings
100g wholemeal breadcrumbs - ½ tsp ground ginger
½ tsp ground nutmeg - Pinch of salt
Pinch of cinnamon - 50g soft dark brown sugar
50g suet - 150g mixed dried fruit
½ apple, grated - 2 tsp milk
2 tsp orange juice - 1 tsp honey
2 tsp treacle - 2 tbsp egg, beaten
1 tbsp Brandy
Brandy sauce to serve
• Lightly grease a mini muffin tin
• In a bowl mix together the; breadcrumbs, ginger, nutmeg, salt, cinnamon, dark brown sugar, suet, dried fruit and grated apple
• In a small bowl mix together the; milk, orange juice, honey, treacle and egg
• Now add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix well
• Mix in the brandy
• Pack the mixture tightly into the mini muffin tin
• Steam at 100°C for 40 minutes
• Once cooked, turn out and serve with brandy sauce
To reserve your place on the next cookery demonstration, call the Bower Willis Designs showroom on (01608) 690870 or email email@example.com.
For more information about Bower Willis Designs visit: www.bowerwillisdesigns.co.uk