Bradfield Brewery to host The Steel Stage, Beer and Farmer’s Ale Festival
- Credit: not Archant
When le Tour’s Steel Stage reaches Bradfield it will be greeted with a great Yorkshire party
With the countdown underway until the Tour de France reaches Yorkshire, cycle-fever is well and truly gripping the region.
One village near Sheffield has plans well under way to welcome the world’s largest annual sporting event in true Yorkshire style. Nestled on the outskirts of the Peak District and Sheffield, High Bradfield and its infamous Kirk Edge Road hill climb, is primed to be a highlight of the race before it reaches its conclusion in Sheffield city centre. Boasting one of the most picturesque backdrops to the Tour, High Bradfield and its local companies are busy fine-tuning plans to hold a community celebration which showcases the very best of Yorkshire in all its forms.
Bradfield Brewery, Langsett Cycles and FGOWI Ltd Events have joined forces to create a programme of cycling-inspired events that will please even the most ardent cycling fan: time-trial hill climbs and a charity sportive ride and live screenings of the two Yorkshire stages of the race.
Bradfield Brewery will host The Steel Stage, their first Beer and Farmer’s Ale Festival with contributions from local musicians to entertain the crowds alongside family-friendly weekend activities, workshops and traders.
Entry to The Steel Stage in High Bradfield, will be free and will include entry to Bradfield Brewery’s Beer Festival, a large screen TV with live screenings of both the first and second stage of the Tour and live music and entertainment throughout the weekend of Saturday July 5th and Sunday 6th.
Route-side camping pitches are also available from £50 per person in High Bradfield so visitors can really make the most of this very special occasion. n
- 1 Win a stylish, hand-crafted rug by Best Wool worth up to £1,000
- 2 You can stay at this adorable Winnie the Pooh 'Bearbnb' in Sussex
- 3 Everything you need to know about Sarah Beeny's move to Somerset
- 4 Win a tropical trip for two to Mauritius
- 5 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 6 19 of the best restaurants in Essex
- 7 WIN flowers, chocolates and Prosecco for Valentine's Day
- 8 Win a relaxing spa stay for two at The QHotels Collection
- 9 7 of the best spas in Sussex
- 10 6 places to view snowdrops in Yorkshire
For more information about The Steel Stage event in High Bradfield and weekend camping opportunities, go to steelstage.co.uk or or call 0114 234 9979.