Brailes Village Show counts down to its 70th Anniversary on Saturday, August 10, 2013
- Credit: Archant
The Brailes Show is back this year with lots of attractions for the whole family to enjoy on Saturday, August 10, 2013.
Situated at the corner of Warwickshire, closely bordered with Oxfordshire and Gloucestershire, Brailes Village Show and Horse Show have become engrained in the three counties social agenda with a full day of competitions, stalls, sideshows and family entertainment. Following cancellation in 2012 due to bad weather show returns this year better than ever.
Taking place on Saturday, August 10, this year’s show will build on the success of previous events where a record number took part in the Flower, Vegetable and Craft competition, Dog Show and the respected Horse Show. Family entertainment confirmed at this year’s show include dog agility, penny slot machines, fairground attractions, face painting and a football shoot out, as well as the excitement of the quintessential Flower, Vegetable and Craft competition and Horse Show. The raffle this year has some fantastic prizes including tea for two at the Ritz in London, £200 of photography vouchers, a luxury food hamper, and much more.
Brailes Village Show culminates with a rousing party, hosted by Shipston Young Farmers, giving young and old alike a chance to kick back and let their hair down for the evening. This starts with a family hour at 7pm.
Profits from the show will go towards supporting 2014’s event with donations also made to local groups and charities as well as a substantial donation being given for the upkeep of the village hall and playing fields which are widely used by the community.
Schedule for Saturday, August 10:
• 9.30am All-day Horse Show starts (class registration from 8.30am)
- 1 Win a year of farm shop food from Hinchliffe's worth £500
- 2 Scarborough's spectacular BIG day out for national Armed Forces Day
- 3 Review: Edgar House, Chester
- 4 12 fab things to do in Paignton
- 5 11 pretty riverside pubs in Hertfordshire
- 6 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 7 I've been taking time out - here's why, says Susie Fowler-Watt
- 8 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 9 Mike Lowe: How to spot an imposter
- 10 A walk around Whitstable Coastal Trail and Oyster Walk
• 1.30pm Dog Show starts (class registration from 12.30pm)
• 1.30pm Family Fun Afternoon begins
• 1:30pm Flower, Vegetable & Craft marquee opens to the public
• 4.30pm Flower, Vegetable & Craft Show presentation of cups and trophies
• 5.30pm Show closes
• 7pm Big Party (live music), Bar & BBQ
• Brailes Village Show has taken place every year in the village since 1943
• Brailes (Upper and Lower) is at the southern extremity of Warwickshire and borders Oxfordshire to the east. Located 4 miles east of Shipston-on-Stour on the B4035 Shipston to Banbury road, the village lies within the Cotswold Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty