Breeze up to the Downs
- Credit: Archant
Blow away those cobwebs. Want to reduce your stress levels and your carbon footprint on a great day out? All you have to do is Breeze up to the Downs..!
Every Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holiday (except Christmas Day) the number 77 will breeze you up to Devil’s Dyke, with grandstand views over the stunning South Downs from your double decker bus. The 77 leaves from Brighton Pier and you can also pick it up at Brighton Station. During July and August the bus runs every day of the week and is usually an open topper!
Up to 2 children travel free with an adult and there’s a 2-for-1 for rail passengers: just show your train tickets to the bus driver. Solo passengers will get a third off.
Devil’s Dyke offers the most amazing views across the Sussex Weald and far beyond, as well as fabulous walks. There’s a pub/restaurant and the delightful ‘Shepherd & Dog’ at Fulking and Saddlescombe Tea Rooms lie just hillside clambers away.
- 1 Win a unique candles and country house prize
- 2 WIN flowers, chocolates and Prosecco for Valentine's Day
- 3 Everything you need to know about Sarah Beeny's move to Somerset
- 4 Win a relaxing spa stay for two at The QHotels Collection
- 5 Win a short break at Landal Darwin Forest near the Peak District
- 6 The Hairy Bikers Go North to the Peak District
- 7 5 of the best winter walks in and around Cheshire
- 8 5 of the best places to see Snowdrops in Hampshire in 2022
- 9 The best food and drink festivals in Yorkshire in 2022
- 10 10 new hobbies to try in Essex in 2022
Take the Bus for a Walk.any day!
If you’d also like to get out on the Downs during the week, our ‘Take the Bus for a Walk’ leaflets will make it really easy for you to do just that. Each easy-to-follow walk starts and finishes on a main (frequent) bus route on the city’s outskirts.
Visit www.brighton-hove.gov.uk/breezebuses or phone (01273) 292480 for all information.