Bridge competition to support Meningitis Now
- Credit: Archant
A Cheltenham man hopes his latest bridge fundraiser for a local cause will trump last year’s total.
Hugh Wilkinson, 58, is hosting the pairs’ competition for sixty people at Cotswold Hills Golf Club, Cheltenham, raising money for Stroud-based Meningitis Now on Saturday, March 1.
The chartered surveyor said: “I’ve held the bridge evenings for more than 20 years and always pick a small local charity to support. They always prove popular and aim to help the community – we hope to beat last year’s £400 total.”
Entry is £20 including a two-course meal and prizes, and it starts at 6.30pm.
Meningitis Now founder Steve Dayman, who lost his baby Spencer to the disease in 1982, said: “It’s great that Hugh has chosen us for his latest bridge fundraiser. We rely on kind-hearted people like Hugh to function and wish him all the best with it.”
Meningitis Now, the UK’s largest charity fighting the disease, formed after Meningitis UK and Meningitis Trust merged in April 2013.
The newly united charity, with around 30 years’ experience, shares its predecessors goals – saving lives and rebuilding futures – through research, awareness and support.
- 1 WIN a holiday to the Isles of Scilly worth £1000
- 2 Win a 2 night beach stay at The Beachcroft Hotel in Sussex
- 3 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 4 WIN £500 worth of preloved designer clothes
- 5 23 cottages that will make you want to move to Surrey
- 6 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 7 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 8 9 lovely beaches in Cornwall that allow dogs all-year-round
- 9 WIN a stay at Hornington Manor's new shepherd huts
- 10 Beautiful places to go wild swimming in Suffolk
For more information, visit www.MeningitisNow.org