- Credit: Archant
Burford School provides education for over 1100 boys and girls aged from 11 to 19 years, including a large Sixth Form of over 200 students.
We aspire to be an outstanding learning community which is achieved by putting teaching and learning at the centre of all that we do, both inside and outside of the classroom. Our outstanding Boarding Department is an integral part of the school and is home to approximately 90 students in two houses (boys’ and girls’).
Burford School Sixth Form is part of a thriving and popular school with an outstanding academic record. Every year we welcome many new students from other schools and abroad, all of whom enrich the school experience.
The school successfully converted to an Academy during July 2012. This means that it is now a state funded independent school, empowered to make decisions at a local level. This will strengthen the school’s ability to provide an outstanding education for the students it serves.
- 1 7 autumn walks in Kent to delight the senses
- 2 12 historic village churches in Cheshire
- 3 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 4 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 5 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 6 Meet Maggie, GBBO's 70-year-old contestant from Dorset
- 7 Try this pretty, circular coastal walk at the Chidham Peninsula
- 8 9 of the best places for coffee across Cornwall
- 9 20 of the best restaurants in Essex
- 10 5 great walks in and around Kendal
We seek to develop confident, caring, inquiring individuals prepared for the future. We seek to support and develop the full potential of all individuals and to provide all students with full access to all the opportunities made available through the school, including a wide range of cultural, sporting and extracurricular activities.
We welcome visits by prospective students and parents throughout the year.