- Credit: Archant
At Burford Woodcraft everything is handmade in Britain from wood. We have been promoting contemporary British woodwork for over 30 years.
Pieces are chosen carefully for good design, quality of finish, originality and value for money.
From small beginnings with just a few makers we now exhibit the work of over 100, one of whom, Robert Lewin is a partner in Burford Woodcraft.
Robert is a furniture designer-maker and like the other craftsmen and women is skilled in using a variety of techniques and finishes to produce high quality pieces illustrating the natural beauty and versatility of the wood, be it a bookmark or a chest of drawers. We work with each designer-maker and artist, combining their versatility, skill and craftsmanship to create the best.
- 1 How the Goosnargh Gin distillery bounced back from adversity
- 2 Martin Clunes shares his favourite local places in Dorset
- 3 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 4 Win a fabulous free-range Morton's Norfolk turkey for Christmas!
- 5 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex
- 6 The best second-hand bookshops in Suffolk
- 7 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 8 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 9 10 of the best beaches for swimming in Devon
- 10 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
The selection of work is extensive, encompassing the unusual, creative and practical through carving, furniture making, sculpting, turning and more. The one-off pieces- cabinets, sculptures, bowls and platters sit alongside jewellery boxes, desk accessories, kitchenware, games and toys.