Carlos Acosta visits the Midland Hotel in Manchester
- Credit: Archant
The world-renowned dancer Carlos Acosta CBE was the guest of honour at a special dinner at The Midland Hotel, Manchester.
A private dinner with a bespoke menu created by Adam Reid, executive head chef at The Midland, was held in The French restaurant to honour Carlos Acosta CBE, the world-renowned dancer.
The celebration meal heralded the arrival of his new Acosta Danza dance company at The Lowry arts centre for their first-ever tour. Performances included works by Marianela Boán, Goyo Montero and Sidi Larbi Cherkaoui, plus a guest appearance from Carlos Acosta himself.
During the drinks reception and after the dinner - a six-course feast with matching wines - Carlos spoke to guests who included patrons and supporters of The Lowry, as well as devoted dance fans.
Carlos’s extraordinary career had poor beginnings in Cuba but his talent and determination ensured he rose to world fame, winning gold at the Prix de Lausanne international competition when he was only 16 and later dancing with the Bolshoi Ballet at the Paris Opera in 2008.
Chef Adam Reid and his team’s menu included Lancashire Tasty Onion Tart with Lovage, and Tater’ash with Mrs Raffalde’s Mushroom Catsup.
- 1 6 of the best October walks in Cheshire
- 2 Win a fabulous free-range Morton's Norfolk turkey for Christmas!
- 3 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 4 6 of the best October walks in Yorkshire
- 5 The best second-hand bookshops in Suffolk
- 6 7 autumn walks in Kent to delight the senses
- 7 The best walks in Dorset to see the autumn leaves
- 8 10 of the best beaches for swimming in Devon
- 9 12 great things to do in Tiverton
- 10 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex