- Credit: Archant
A mere 20 minutes walk across the field and into the Estate; Chatsworth can be easily accessed from the Cavendish Hotel, making it an ideal base from which the House and the surrounding Peak District National Park can be explored.
The Cavendish became the Duke of Devonshire’s property around 1830 and in the early 1970’s was rebuilt as the Cavendish by Chatsworth Estate, restoring its original character.
Recent years have seen much investment into the business in the form of bedroom refurbishment and all public areas. The latest phases early in 2011 saw the Gallery Restaurant transformed to exude contemporary elegance and the Reception with open space restored to reflect the original features of a country house, under the direction of local designer Christine Downes.
Then in February and March of 2013, 10 rooms in the Devonshire Wing were stunningly refurbished under the direction of the Duchess of Devonshire.
- 1 Magical Christmas markets in Surrey 2021
- 2 Christmas markets in and around the Cotswolds
- 3 Christmas in Hertfordshire 2021: Top festive markets
- 4 Magical Christmas markets in Suffolk 2021
- 5 Magical Christmas markets in Sussex 2021
- 6 Christmas in Hertfordshire 2021: Festive light switch-ons & festivities
- 7 The 15 best Christmas markets in Norfolk 2021
- 8 Magical Christmas markets in Kent 2021
- 9 Win a theatre break in Manchester to see The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
- 10 The 11 best Christmas markets in Somerset 2021
The hotel features-
. A magnificent setting within the Chatsworth Estate, the House being within easy walking distance.
. Two restaurants offering highly commended food (2AA Rosettes)
. All 23 bedrooms have magnificent views over the Chatsworth Estate.
. A unique collection of over 300 pictures, from fine art to twentieth century graffiti.
. Luxuriously appointed bedrooms, featuring every modern facility.
. The sumptuous Redesdale Suite, completely renovated in 2009.
. Eight elegant Inn Rooms, four with four poster beds, designed with relaxation in mind.
.10 newly refurbished March 2013) bedrooms in the Devonshire Wing designed by the Duchess of Devonshire
. Professional, attentive yet friendly staff.
. Seasonal breaks always available.
. Free wifi access throughout the Hotel.
. On-line booking facility available via the hotel website.